Good Morning to my dear friends...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/22/06 8:40 pm - East Burbs, MN
I come to you today on my 30th day of sobriety!! H-E-L-L-O..!! 30 days..!! I am so happy to be here today to share this with you! Lots of things have changed in the last 30 days. Even though the SO and I are not getting married, we are trying to discover ways of being in tune with each other. We have actually decided to wait until after our camping trip to make the final decision and annouce it to our family and friends. My DD doesnt hate me anymore! Which is the best feeling EVER.. When she is not working, we have been spending alot of time bonding. In fact last week, she had told me that she was very proud of me.. It brought tears to my eyes. I am still taking ONE DAY AT A TIME as best as I can. This past week was a trying one and I am so proud that I made it though it. I love my daughter, but she was definately pushing my buttons last week.. She is a senior and we went to have her senior pics done. If I didnt have gray hair already... I would definately have alot now! I have been doing really good at taking personal inventory and being accountable. I find myself living and working for me and not worrying about the other stuff unless I need to be. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I did end up going over to my friends house that I spoke of and all went well. It was an enjoyable visit with the 'gals' and I didnt feel tempted at all. WELL... I better run to start my day.. Going to a WLS clothing swap at a park. Sounds like ALOT of FUN!! I am thinking about giving a gal a ride, but she wanted to go early with set up.. SO at this point, I am not sure if I will be going to church 1st, or ride sharing with another gal. Hope you all have an absolutely wonderful day!! Dana
Lauretta
on 7/23/06 4:39 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Congrats on 30 days!!!! They add up one day at a time. It is s o good yo read your post. It is all about dealing with the everyday stuff sober. My 17 yr old boy is a challenge everyday. He is a good kid just being a teen. Having a good day so far and resisting the urge to try to control my husband! I want him to do certain things today and he will but not NOW which is what I want. Hmm... I could be a real pain today. I have to surrender the need to control. It is not an easy thing some days. No one ever does things quite quick enough for me whan I am focused on a project. I have to remember that is my sh*t not theirs. Wish me luck! Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/23/06 6:40 am - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Laurie~ I too have been working on my controlling behavior at work and home.. I actually feel less stressed when I opt out on "taking the reins" so to speak.. I wish you all the best today and always!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 6:09 am - York Haven, PA
YOU GO GIRL!! ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I dont "know" you..I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views