The squirrels are attacking my brain!

Lauretta
on 7/19/06 2:30 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I swore I would not get squirrely about sharing my story with the fellowship. That is what we do to celebrate years of clean time. So far I have done well. Last night I had a weird dream about it. It is a challenge to be the focus of a meeting. To share enough of the reason you got there and yet send a message of recovery not a story of dispair. I am sure it will be okay whatever happens but it is a bit stressful. Maybe after I go over my 6th step with my sponsor I will be more comfortable. My biggest concern is that I will lose focus while speaking!!!! My sponsor advises we do not prepare a speech but rather share from the heart. Higher powered. 11 days to go until the celebration. Not that I am counting.LOL Laurie
Lauretta
on 7/19/06 2:32 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Ha! It is 10 days. I lost a day somewhere! Damn squirrels! Laur
Curious G.
on 7/19/06 10:19 am - Peachtree City, GA
I'd worry more about you if you WEREN'T nervous! I have total faith that you will do absolutely fine! There is no script or test at the end - nobody will know if you get off topic a *****ances are that they are HOPING so much for the redemption in your sharing that anything else that might bug you out won't even be noticed by the group! You'll do great! I just know it! hugs Michelle
vickiang
on 7/20/06 11:50 pm - Austin, TX
Seems useless to prepare stuff. We all end up whever our brains take us despite starting out with the best of intentions. My story seems different everytime it comes out of my mouth. You'll do great. Down another pound. Man oh man, is this slow! I admit I am too lazy to get super disciplined about what I eat because I end up with my own family of head squirrels. You know when you find yourself weighing before AND after going to the restroom, it's time to chill out. Funny, I hear normie girls at the gym talking about the very same thing, so I guess we're not as unique as we think! Vicki
Lauretta
on 7/21/06 9:11 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Yes, I know it is best to just have an idea of what I wish to say. It has been an exhausting week with my sponsee and the gang of newbies all acting like children. Oh well... such is life. I have been flakey with my diet choices this week. Unless eating biscotti is suddenly healthy!LOL I am down 2 pounds I wonder if I am acting out or just undisaplined? Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views