All of a sudden

Lauretta
on 7/18/06 1:42 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
My life is full of newcomers. I guess my higher power will not give me more than I can handle. I have moments when I feel ill equipt for this. I try to hold on to just carrying the message and sharing my experience, hope and strength. They have so much drama and I have had times I wonder why I have invited this into my now mostly serene life. Then I remember how I felt. I had the benenfit of 48 yr of experience and much of it good. I did not lose everything except my health. That is a biggy since I almost died but I had a great deal of support and a strong faith in my higher power even before I got into a 12 step program. I have to beleive that there is a reason I am walking thru this at this time in my life. Just offering a safe place to decompress to a suffering addict is not a huge imposition. So long as I do not get all up in someone elses head or rent them space in mine. That can be a challenge for me.I have been working on that for 2 years and it seems I am doing well. I have to keep up my awareness of MY defects. In someways it feels like a test of how well I have actually done. Have a beautiful day I have to get ready to chair the nooner. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views