Changes

Lauretta
on 7/15/06 12:10 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
My immediate support group is full of women that have more time in recovery than I. Recently a lot of new gals have gotten on board and with 2 yr clean I am approaching that time when I am one of the " oldtimers". I just got a new sponsee who I adore but I must say she is high maintainance and a crisis child at this point. I have others calling and giving rides and I feel okay but a bit uncomfortable because I am new in this role. Don't misunderstand I am happy to help, happy to give what I was so freely given. It just is an adjustment and it seems it suddenly jumped into high gear. It requires that I take care of my recovery so I am in a space to give to others. I am just spilling my thoughts. It helps to collect them and share them sometimes. Thanks for being there. Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/15/06 12:41 am - East Burbs, MN
You are blessed with the gift of knowledge when it comes to recovery and it has been recognized and appreciated. I wish you all the strength and patience on your new sponsee as well as all of the same for you! I am so blessed to know you, even if it is cyber. You have been an integral (sp?) part of my new sober life. If I could.. I would fly on down today and give you hugs!! I may even stay abit for the boat excursion Dana
Patricia R.
on 7/15/06 9:36 am - Perry, MI
Laurie, I understand that need to take care of myself. Be sure you do not burn-out either, something I have to take care of myself. Working in a rehab and a psychiatric hospital, I do understand high maintenance people. Be sure to take care of Laurie, even if it means staying home to take a bubble bath alone sometimes. You can't give what you do not have, and you won't have it if you don't take care of yourself. Balance, that abstract concept we forget sometimes. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 7/15/06 11:06 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks for the encouragement Trish. I am well aware. I have worked tirelessly on my co-dependancy issues for 2 years and learned alot about myself. I know how to set boundries today and maintain them. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views