Here I am :)

Bethany J.
on 7/10/06 9:30 pm - Granby, CT
Thanks Laurie for thinking of me.............. Ive been up and down. Still sober....gong on 19 days But Im still depressed....cant eat, I can sleep (thanks to seraquil)thankgoodness and my marriage is dissolving in front of my eyes...............its funny now that Im sober, I just now feel strong enough to walk away...............but still feel a little sad....... I go to a meeting every day, I bring my kids if I have to. Today is my son's 5th Birthday Mommy is sober and working on becoming happy Thats a pretty great gift right? I need to read this board more often..............Ive been so blah latley Thanks for being here guys~ xoxoxoxox Bethany
Lauretta
on 7/10/06 11:06 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Bethany, Glad to see you. Sounds like you are on the right path. I could not agree more about the kids. I think the best gift to myself and my kids is a healthy mom. With that the skys the limit for our futures. It is going to be okay. As you get stronger you will know what you need to do regarding your marriage. it is always sad to see the disfunction we have learned to accept. Even tho I have been in a relationship for 30 yrs. I have to admit my lack of coping skills and living in addiction has had negative consequences. It was not as good as it could have been and that is sad. Not much I can do about that lost time. Just move forward and live life the best way I can. Fortunately, I do have a strong relationship and we are both on board so it works but if either of us was not 100% about it I do not know if we would still be together. You are where you need to be now. And you are never alone. I am off to pick a friend up at the airport. I would otherwise be in my bed sleeping at this hour. Tuesdays I usually chair a meeting at noon but I am worried about traffic so I asked someone to cover for me. later I am shopping for snacks for girls nite. It should be fun! I may need a nap tho. Well, I am going to have my morning espresso and see if that gives me the jolt I need. Have a great day!!! Hugs, Laurie
Curious G.
on 7/10/06 11:35 pm - Peachtree City, GA
It's good to see you posting. Yeah, the blah's do kick in - it's just an adjustment to learn new habits. You're doing great though! I'm very proud of you, and I'm sure your kids are very relieved to have you back in full swing! Keep on keepin on! m
vickiang
on 7/11/06 2:37 am - Austin, TX
I don't know if this is right or not, but my sponsor told me to sit tight and not do anything regarding my marriage for the first year. I'm still married years later. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not. But I really changed a LOT that first year. Being a single MOm on top of it would be hard. On the other hand, if it's so bad it comprimises your sobriety, then you have to figure what the next step is. Almost 3 weeks. I just know the kids are happy. Maybe a little skeptical until they can trust, but that's to be expected. Vicki
Bethany J.
on 7/12/06 7:19 am - Granby, CT
Ugh my pic is still mixed up with my friends....thats not me when I post......I need OH to fix that!! Anyway thanks for responding and being here!!! Its good to have you guys to talk to!!!! DCF is here having a meeting with my kids..when I went into treatment they had to report to DCF that there was drinking in the home. oh and my Trailblazer got repoed yesterday..............fun is.............hey but Im still sober!!!
Patricia R.
on 7/13/06 11:01 am - Perry, MI
My marriage sucked for 25 years. It took me getting sober to realize that I was contributing to the problems. I was sober for a long time and I got better. He eventually decided to leave me. I started drinking again over it, BECAUSE I was not working a program toward the end. I gave up over 8 years of sobriety. I did get sober again, in 2001, and have been sober since then. I will have 5 years in September. I hated hearing the stuff people told me. But, the truth is, you can only take care of you, and your sobriety. You get better, your life will eventually smooth out and get more manageable. Dysfunction sometimes requires marital therapy. Keep up the good work. It will be worth it in the end. Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views