Walk the walk

vickiang
on 7/9/06 12:30 am - Austin, TX
I'm much better at talking the talk. I always tell people to relax, do what's right and the body will follow. No need to ruin the day because of a number on the scale. Dang! I am still 171. Not frustrated yet, but a little disappointed and bound and determined! I don't THINK I ate that much yesterday. A little pasta with a lot of vege marinara sauce, a small handful of cashews (#1 mistake), a small slice of cantalope, 6 chicken nuggets and half a bag of movie munchie popcorn (#2, I could have nixed, but I ain't perfect by a long shot!) Not much protein in there. Glad I wrote this down for you/me. I'm marching right on downstairs and make a protein drink. And I will move my heinie today. Maybe not the gym, but I have tons of errands to do and I can always park farther away and walk, take the stairs instead of escaltor (no...that last one won't really happen, but the first one will). I will take an apple with me in case I start to feel pulled in by a restaurant. I have two for one coupons, so don't you know I gotta use them. Nevermind I'm all alone this week and can't eat 2 meals , nor should I LOL! But what a deal! I digress. I went out last night and bought myself a beautiful bouquet of yellow lilies, which were wonderful to wake up to. Have to remind myself I'm worth it and I spent a heck of a lot more on junk food and vodka before. If I get really energetic, I will clean the frig and see what I have in the back recesses going green. So that's the plan. I'm bound to lose sooner or later. It should pick up when I start hitting the gym again tomorrow. Patience. Perseverance. Now there are a couple of new words in my vocabulary! I'd better be patient. Being still only a pound away from my normal range, this is probably going to come off one excrutiating 1/4 pound every few days. Gotta keep my eyes on the ball. Vicki
Patricia R.
on 7/9/06 6:11 am - Perry, MI
It sure sounds like you are being honest with yourself. I find keeping a food journal helps me keep track of my eating, and helps me be honest at the end of the day. In my food journal I also log my exercise, or lack thereof. Remember that our recovery in any area is progress, not perfection. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 7/9/06 7:02 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Boy you made me think. I have not been keeping up with my protein very well and it always bites me in the butt. Better get busy myself. I am glad you are being nice to you. Hubby is going out of town on Tues so I have decided to have a girls nite here at me casa.I have a great house for entertaining. I think it will be a good thing for everyone. Guess I should finish up the laundry tho! LOL Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views