Im home~

Bethany J.
on 7/4/06 9:35 pm - Granby, CT
Its weird to be home......Im happy and sad at the same time. I made such wonderful friends in inpatient, its like you share your most intimate details with them and then have to leave.......BUT I will be seeing them all the time which is awesome!!! We will be going to meetings together etc So today I am lucky 13 days sober!!!! It feels great, soooooooo great!!! I get up super early, and start my day!! I am on ZOLOFT (weaning off) Effexcor and Seraquil however you spell I am attending a 12 noon meeting today and am very excited!!!! I want to thank Laurie and Michelle for your kind words and for always being here for me. I am proud of myself. xoxoxox Bethany ~God Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I cannot Change The Courage To Change The Things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference~
Curious G.
on 7/4/06 9:54 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm very proud of you too! I knew you could do it! You've begun a momentum that can bring about such wonderful changes in your life. Keep that momentum - I know you can! Do you find that the meds help? I go back to the dr tomorrow to talk about my meds. I've not taken any of the ambien or xanax in over a week and have found that the Lexapro is really all I need right now. I'm wondering if the dosage is right - Oh well I'll let the dr decide. Welcome home Bethany - I was sooooooooo glad to see your post this morning! I wish I could be there to give you a big hug! love Michelle
vickiang
on 7/4/06 11:47 pm - Austin, TX
Woo hoo! Good for you. Reminds me of when I was two weeks sober. I was so excited. Thought I was going to pick up a two week chip at the meeting that night. I was devastated when they called for 15 days! These first weeks are so, so important. Getting started, for me, is the hardest part. I am really struggling after relapsing after 10 years. I don't want to drink, but I haven't found my serenity yet and this time around I have no pink cloud. Luckily I have a sponsor who not only also went out after ten years and has been back for several years now, but she's from the same area in California I am. What a Godsend. When I heard her chair here in Austin, my skin starteed crawling and I knew I was meant for her and visa versa. Vicki
Patricia R.
on 7/5/06 12:24 am - Perry, MI
Awesome Remember that it is one day at a time. Or if necessary, one minute at a time. Also remember your coping skills, meetings, phone calls, reading literature, journal, taking a walk, etc. That is how most of us do it. You can too. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 7/5/06 10:34 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Welcome home! It sounds like you are off to a good start. Can't spend a lot of time on line now but wanted to pop in. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views