2 years clean!

Lauretta
on 7/4/06 3:58 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Yes, It is here. My 2 yr anniversary. What a journey it has been so far. I have a wonderful life. I guess I always did but I was so up in my head I could not enjoy it. In fact I was destroying it. I do not work a perfect program with recovery nor wls but I keep working at it. I have awareness. I have a choice. This week I attended the 25th NA Florida convention. You may have heard it said you do not see many gray haired addicts(because they are dead) but I am here to tell you I saw plenty!!! People with 20, 30 and even 40 yr clean. Living life on lifes terms. Aging family issues for parents and self. Health problems, crazy teens, and all the other stuff. But they are clean ( sober). It was so wonderful to see. I am grateful. Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/4/06 7:35 pm - East Burbs, MN
YaY Laurie
Bethany J.
on 7/4/06 9:41 pm - Granby, CT
Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day at a time does add up doesnt it??? Thank you for being you Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox Bethany
vickiang
on 7/4/06 11:43 pm - Austin, TX
Laurie, I am so proud of you, and envious, too. I'll get there again. You done good girl. I can tell you're firm in your sobriety by the way you think. For myself, after this surgery and the pills, I am going back to page 86 and left foot right foot it for awhile. Vicki
Curious G.
on 7/5/06 12:11 am - Peachtree City, GA
Congrats!!! It sounds like your trip was a lot of fun and very enlightening and reaffirming also! Keep on fighting that good fight! hugs, m
Patricia R.
on 7/5/06 12:21 am - Perry, MI
Way to go, Laurie!!!!! Celebrate and enjoy the day. Each anniversary is a benchmark that recovery is possible and gives hope to the folks who are behind you. Awesome. trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views