My weekend...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/2/06 8:21 pm - East Burbs, MN
Has been awesome. Started out on Friday when I had gone to a great meeting. Just a great group of people so warm and welcoming. I walked away feeling so powerful to overcome. I cant wait to go back next Friday!! Yesterday was the 1st time that we got together with friends since quitting. Sitting in the sun, by the pool I will admit, was extremely difficult. The wife had made a couple comments to the fact that I/WE (Randy is taking it easy, too) didnt have the usually cooler full. At that time I didnt say much, but towards the end of our visit, I had admiting that drinking wasnt taking my life anywhere and was making some major changes. They were very nice and supportive. It was a great visit. Up until this past weekend, I had yet to tell my G-PA (19 years recovered) about my alcoholism. My mom had fessed up with me on Friday that she had shared with him and he was concern for me, but didnt "let on" that he knew each time I had spoke to him. Saturday morning I sent him an email as I had decided that it is much easier, for me anyway, to communicate what I need to say. He was very nice. He had mentioned to my mom that he had wished I could go down on a Monday and join him at one of his meetings... WELL GUESS WHAT...?!?! I have the day off today and guess where I am going? YUP... Making the 2 hour drive to join my beloved grampy at a 10am meeting, then out to lunch. I am SO excited!! I hope you all have a great day and a SUPER 4th!! Dana
Lauretta
on 7/3/06 6:27 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dana, This is so wonderful. You have the opportunity to share this wonderful journey with the support of family who actually understand. What a gift. Laurie
Patricia R.
on 7/3/06 8:58 am - Perry, MI
Awesome!!! Having family in recovery is great. My family is supportive of my recovery because my sis and I are both in AA. They go to the bar to have a drink, AFTER our family gatherings where I serve diet Coke and coffee. Keep up the good work. Remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views