Who's driving the car?

vickiang
on 7/1/06 6:08 pm - Austin, TX
Does anyone know who controls this board? There are a lot of members listed who don't post and I don't want them reading my stuff. Just look at roster of members and you'll see how many people can read what we post. I belong to a ps board which states if you don't post at least 1x every 2 weeks, you're dropped. I like this idea. Doesn't mean if you're dropped you can't, and are not welcome, to rejoin, just that you have to be active, not an observer. Afetr seeing that roster, I don't feel comfortable anymore. Vicki
vickiang
on 7/2/06 9:00 am - Austin, TX
I didn't see my reply to this posted. Basically it said that any form of limitation wouldn't work. This is totally different from the ps board. Found out they had the posting rule to make sure the members were trulymembers, not perps trying to look at people's photos. That makes sense. But we need to be open to all. Sometimes even lurkers will get something out of the board. As far as feeling comfortable, I just need to remember that at group level we share in a general way. If I don't want something broadcast, not that it will be, I can always email someone privately. I tend to get way too comfortable sometimes and forget where I am. Maybe that's because I've been in AA for so darn long, not much embarrasses me anymore. That is not necessarily good! Still, I'm curious. Is there an administrator for this board or are we on our own? Anyone know? I can always ask OH if anyone else is interested. On the other hand, I kinda like how smoothly things are going. Vicki
Curious G.
on 7/2/06 10:27 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I personally don't have a problem with it. I lurked for a VERY long time here before I got the courage to post something. I wasn't doing anything with what I read other than absorbing it and feeling reassured that I'm not the only person on earth who has these issues. To be honest, if I'd have been cancelled, I probably would have never gotten the courage to make that first post on this particular forum. I don't post using my "real name" - I use my middle name, so at least nobody can google my name and find my posts here. I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable and safe here anymore - I can definitely see how that makes things more difficult for you. Big hugs, Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views