What a day

vickiang
on 7/1/06 4:05 pm - Austin, TX
I was so excited that today, today finally, I was going to resume my normal life. And more so. Meeting, gym, hair color, cut, beautify the house, capped off by a trip to the theater. Nirvana! So excited I couldn't sleep. Now if you told me even a few years ago that I would be more excited about going to an AA meeting, then to a gym to work out, I would call you insane. And maybe I am. But it beats the alternative! All dressed for the gym, bag packed, commitment made to the exercise group, go out to the car, and they have both been burglarized. Stuff lost incl my license. Serenity is in inverse proportion to expectations. There was a time when this would have been a perfect oportunity. To feel disapointed, resentful, I don't even need to go into it, because you all know what drama we can make of it if we want. Which, of course, justifies us getting drunk, binging, or doing to excess whatever our poison of choice because, don't you know, we were wronged. I called the police. At the end, I asked if it was possible the officer came a couple of hours later. No problemo. So I went to a meeting and turned it over. I was going to go to the gym, but decided why taint my workout. Came home, called the police (from stories I've heard, I'm lucky I asked them to come to me rather than visa versa!) They finish their stuff and that was the final letting go I wouldn't even post this now except we all have to help each other. And I thought, why should I have a resentment against people I don't even know and let it sabatoge my day? I mean, it happens. I'm going to go on with everything and forget it. Sacrificing myself won't change the outcome. Then I found out at least 2 other families had been burglarized. See? So, I went to the gym, did the rest of my stuff, took care of myself, came home, dressed as though I respect myself, which I do, and went to the theater. It was a great day. What if I would have picked up? Who do you think would have felt like crap tomorrow when they woke up? The robbers? Vicki
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 7/1/06 8:26 pm - East Burbs, MN
I am inspired by your thought process and your commitment to overcome a bad situation. Thanks, VIcki!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views