Well, I did it!

Lauretta
on 6/28/06 3:54 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I went to an exercise class! I have not been to the gym in months. I was going and I flaked out. I use my severe arthritis as an excuse but I get very stiff and NEED to move. It is a seniors class so I was the youngest there. That does not happen often!!!! It was good tho it got me moving. I am off early in the am to the NA state convention. I will let you know how it went. It should be fun and interesting. Gotta pack...... Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/28/06 5:56 am - East Burbs, MN
WooooHoooo Laurie! Congrats to making it to exercise class! Have a safe trip!! Dana
vickiang
on 6/28/06 10:10 pm - Austin, TX
Good for you! Funny how the very topic we are thinking about pops up when we need it. I've noticed lately some of my clothes have shrunk...tight in the waist, won't button across the bust. I am the same weight as before, but was going to the gym 5 X a week then and haven't gone now for 2 months using my ps revision as a convenient excuse. The kids just left for 2 weeks in Singapore, but can't use them being out of school as an excuse. I have a 10 am meeting, then we go to lunch, then I have some errands to do. I have to pass the gym in the afternoon, so no excuse is really valid. True, I didn't sleep last night and am feeling woosy. True I hate exercising in the afternoon, I prefer the morning. But I need a shower and there's no reason I can't stop and shower there. At least it will feed my spirit just to be there, if not my body. Yet I know I'll at least do a piddly 30 min on the bike. Kinda like having a relapse and getting back on the path. Guess that's why they say all you need to do is suit up and show up. Sobriety and changed behavior might come later, but you don't even have a chance if you don't show up. Ha! Someone told me once, worst that can happen is that AA will screw up your drinking! I have 2 weeks the kids are gone. I could use this time to go to lots of meetings I usually don't get a chance to access and get back in the swing of the gym. No way I'll regret it 2 weeks from now. So why do we drag our feet? I'm going to have to think about this this morning and seriously commit to myself. It would cost me thousands to go to a spa or meditation retreat for 2 weeks. Why can't I do that in a fashion for myself, rewarding myself with things like a new haircut and color, a massage, manicure and pedicure. Heaven knows I used to spend a lot more than that in 2 weeks back in my drinking days and I never seemed to cheat myself of the money then! I've got almost all of my computer kinks worked out. Just need to educate myself about routers and networking so I can link my laptop to this computer and access the web. Oh goody! Vicki
Lauretta
on 7/3/06 6:01 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Vicki, I can so relate! I was the youngest in the class. And believe me my muscle felt the work out. I will go back this week. Everytime I felt the soreness it reminded me of my need! I have a gift cert. for a massage and I am going to use it. I never have had a message and I feel self conscious about it but it is time to take care of my needs first or I have nothing to give. I will **** it away. laurie
Patricia R.
on 6/29/06 6:44 am - Perry, MI
Good for you. That is awesome. I cannot do most exercise yet because of my broken toes healing. But, I can ride my recumbant bike, which I am doing in spurts. Have a great time at the NA convention. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views