I did it...!!

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/26/06 7:28 pm - East Burbs, MN
I made it to and through my first meeting! All day I had this aire of confidence that I WAS going to a meeting last night. When I left my house, it hit me.. I was nervous, felt sick to my stomach...etc And in the 2 mile drive to the meeting place, I think I smoked a pack of ciggies. I walked in and my first thought was, omgo****s all old people. Did I not see that this was a Seniors meeting? I WASNT GOING TO LEAVE.... Decided that I wasnt going anywhere and surely they would point me in the right direction. It wasnt a seniors meeting, just alot of warm and fuzzy g-ma's and g-pa's and a couple of younger folks. They made me feel so welcome and even changed the format of the meeting to focus on me. It was an eye opening experience and I do want to follow that better path. Thanks Laurie for that ever needed push of confidence. Yours and everyone elses support has ment so much! Dana
Patricia R.
on 6/26/06 11:42 pm - Perry, MI
Awesome Dana, I love when meetings change the focus for the newcomers. I have one meeting that does that too. It will get easier as you keep going to meetings. One day at a time. Hugs, Trish
Lauretta
on 6/26/06 11:44 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Mornin' Trish, I hope you have a better day! Laur
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/26/06 11:45 pm - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Trish! I have every intention of going to one tonight too.. My new addiction... AA Meetings... Is that an oxymoron or what... Actually, my thought was to go every other night, but I have a WLS support group that I need to go to on Wednesday Night. Tonights meeting is at a different location, so I would like to check it out. Hugs back atcha~ Dana
Lauretta
on 6/26/06 11:43 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dana, You made my day! You will hear the phrase keep comin' back! They mean it. The people you met last night have been there and done that. They truelly want you to be and feel better. I could never have guessed the profound ( sp?) change meetings and working steps could make in my life. Today I am starting my day sitting in the sun with my sponsor and visiting and reading our daily meditations. This is a treat because we are both busy people. At noon I chair a meeting. Later I plan to start packing for a 4 day trip to West Palm Beach. I and a group of other women in recovery are attending the 25th state convention for NA. They will have the first three main speakers from FRCNA conventions 1,2, 3. Should be inspirational. So it is a mini vacation and recovery trip. We are taking the long way there and following the Gulf Coast before cutting across the state. 12 hour road trip! We could go more direct in 8 hours but one of the woman rides a motorcycle and wants to avoid the interstate. Shound be fun. Altho leaving at 5:30 am will be a challenge for me.LOL Honestly I could not imagine the friendships I have formed. People so different and yet so like me! Age is not a major factor altho the majority of the women I "hang out" with are in my age group. One of my closet friends is young enough to be my daughter. Dana, let them love you until you can love yourself!!!! Big hugs, Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/26/06 11:49 pm - East Burbs, MN
It was very heartwarming to have these total and complete strangers show me love. I was in awe of them and have every intention of going to that Monday meeting. Thanks Laurie!! Enjoy your day of reflection and packing for what seems to be a wonderful trip and a great experience.. Dana
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/26/06 11:54 pm - East Burbs, MN
OH... a funny side note... I pretty much had to go to the bathroom when I got there but when they redirected their focus of the meeting and everyone was sharing their experiences and stories with me, I didnt have the heart to say... "um...scuze me.... Can you hold that thought while I go pee..." so I didnt. LOL!!! 1 lesson learned... Potty break before meetings!!!
Lauretta
on 6/26/06 11:59 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
LOL! I remember that! We drink a lot of coffee at meetings I have to go before and after. I am thrilled for you that you had a good experience. Willingness is so important. Keep an open mind. If youlisten for the similarities you will see them. Laur
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views