Perspective

Curious G.
on 6/22/06 9:13 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Just a short one today. My evenings have been filled with swimming with the kids, cooking meals again (i used to cook every night but went the easy microwave/fastfood/pizza route when in the throes of my drinking), watching movies with the kids and taking care of stuff around the house. My kids have definitely reacted positively to this. My 8 year old told me last night, "I've missed you mommy". wow Today - not only do I think things are going to be "ok", I know they will. I know there's lots of work to be done to undo the damage I've done, but in just a few weeks, I can see the fruits of my labor. It's amazing. I'm so grateful... so incredibly grateful. I'm off to take my son to outpatient - today is the first day he's asked if he can just stay home I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later hahaha. Well tomorrow's Saturday - he can make it one more day I told him. Love y'all! m
Patricia R.
on 6/23/06 1:19 am - Perry, MI
Hello, As long as you stay sober and keep getting better, things will continue to get better. Sure, you may hit some bumps in the road. That is to be expected. But be sure that your kids are watching to see how you react when things go bad. In the AA Big Book there is a great story by a doctor. In it he talks about "life on life's terms." It is the great essay on acceptance. I love reading it. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views