AA question

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/21/06 10:50 pm - East Burbs, MN
When I look up online for a meeting in my area (aastpaul.org) most of the meetings say CLOSED. What does this mean? Closed to outsiders..? Closed to anyone NOT seeking help? Anyone...?
Patricia R.
on 6/22/06 2:46 am - Perry, MI
Closed AA meetings are for people who have a problem with alcohol. Open meetings mean that family members or interested people who don't have a problem with alcohol are welcome. Hope you find a good meeting. Trish
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/22/06 5:06 am - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Trish~ I was hoping that was what it meant. It has been a deterrent so far and now I know..
Lauretta
on 6/22/06 4:39 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi! Glad you are looking into it. As Trish said you can go to a closed meeting you just cannot bring someone who also is not an alcoholic/ addict. Good luck!!!!!! Hugs, Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 6/22/06 5:10 am - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Queen Laurie~ I am feeling better so far today. I made a huge step in getting in to see a therapist that is closer to home too. My current one had moved to the other side of the metro, which driving there seemed like it was to the other end of the universe!! All though my appt isnt until next month, I feel good knowing I have finally taken a step that I have been procrastinating on for months! Thanks again for all of your insight!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views