Today's the Big Day

Curious G.
on 6/18/06 9:14 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I have my therapy appointment today. Why am I so excited and hopeful about it? Well I have no idea, but I feel like *finally* maybe I can start to get some help for myself - so that maybe I can avoid makign bigger messes with my kids, and have a fighting chance at understanding my need for self-medication. I've done a bit of transferrence since becoming sober - but at least it's virtually harmless. I've become a bookaholic. Fortunately for me, I also have a library card. It really helps me when I'm feeling anxious or wanting to get "away from myself" For a while to read. It's better than shopping at least - I did that for a while too before I got control and realized i only had 500 bucks left on my visa card before it was maxed. (it was PAID OFF back in January) Whatever happens in this appointment can only be the start of something new and wonderful - no matter how I like the dr, no matter what we discuss, no matter how nervous I may be to open up. It can only bring good things. What's that in Michelle's voice? is it **HOPE**???? yes!!!!! So my son does his outpatient counseling program for a couple of weeks and I get my own therapy appt today. I think I might actually be able to work today too. Hope is good. Love you guys, m
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/06 10:51 pm - somewhere, MA
m, Good for you. I have been getting back into reading a bit more lately too. I forgot how much I really enjoy it and my little girl is becoming a bibliophile too!!. My problem is that I need a small library to keep all of my books. The oddest book I have is "The life of the Ant" that was my grandfathers. Stay strong and I know you are on the path to something great. Peace of Mind. Jim
Lauretta
on 6/19/06 12:59 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Jim, I love the feeling of returning to my books after a hiatus! I am currently reading a lot about the whole Jesus and post Davinci Code inspired stuff. I stepped away from the novels and started reading some research. I love all kinds of topics as well as suspence books. As much as I love those I need a non fiction book or something very light too. Nice to meet you. Laurie
Lauretta
on 6/19/06 12:49 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Another book lover here! I speed read so I am always reading 2 or three books at a time. I get hung up on certain authors and subjects. I do step away from it off and on and love the feeling of returning. You have good reason to feel hope. How was your first meeting? I am hopeful for you too. I have started a new project. Two yr ago I sorted thru the thousands of pix I have and put them in picture boxes because the volume was so great books were overwhelming. Last night I started doing the books. To give you an example of just how many photos I have I filled 4 books last night of 200 pix and it did not make a dent. I am not trying to stress on being accurate in time line. Once I get them semi cronalogical I will go back and match them up. Just getting them close now is a big enough job. I am excited about it. It is a good thing to do when I am restless. I also got rid of all the duplicates and misc stuff no one wants. Two years ago I bought some nice frames and made a picture gallery in my upstairs hall of all my favorite pictures. It make me smile everyday I see them. Have a great session and keep us posted. Love ya, laurie
Patricia R.
on 6/19/06 8:12 am - Perry, MI
I would not be who I am today without my therapist. He encouraged me to get into AA back in 1989. He practically saved my life. Books, I am addicted to them. I like Christian self-help, Christian fiction, and psychology, social issues stuff. I am in the middle of three or four books right now. Hang in there. I am a therapist in my other life. Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views