Finally it's over

vickiang
on 6/12/06 12:53 pm - Austin, TX
I hope. I broke down and boutght a new desktop and signed up for DSL. I like being regular and checking in to preserve what sanity I have left! I'll catch up tomorrow if I can. It's Zoe's 12th birthday and I think I'm more excited than she. Nice to be sober and to actually be present and do something with her. We're making cupcakes, I'm taking her and a girlfriend to the mall for a manicure and pedicure and giving them $35 each to spend, then to Chinese food. I've been having some problems with mood swings lately. I think it's the menopause and hot flashes. The estradial doesn't seem to help any yet. A couple of days when it was really hot outside, I was thirsty and craved a cold beer instead of iced tea. Habit, the disease...sneaky! I'm kinda bummed with the scar a surgeon left under my eyebrow. She made an incision to drain my hematoma,(bleack eye) I got wipting out on my bike. 210 pounds, ubl, lbl and srms to the tune of $47k and I have this deep scar smack dab in the middle of my face. Dang..I seem to get into more trouble sober than I ever did drunk. Then again I'm doing a lot of things I never did before, like skiing, diving, horseback riding, biking with the kids, etc. Sigh, oh well, I'll never be 18 again either. Hopefully this can be smoothed out a bit to where makeup can cover it. Vicki
Lauretta
on 6/12/06 5:09 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki, Sorry about the injuy. I am sure it looks worse to you than others. You are an inspiration always sharing your life and experience. I have missed you. As you can see the board has been busy. We have been joined by some folks really reaching out for support. I am doing well. The normal ebb and flo of living clean and dealing with life on lifes terms. I am doing it! My sponsor is very busy with her own stuff these last few weeks so I have needed to be extra creative when it comes to support myself. My home group has had a big influx of new members mostly female. It is pretty cool. Glad you are back! Hugs, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views