I dont know what to do

Bethany J.
on 6/11/06 10:45 am - Granby, CT
Im sitting here bawling because I need to leave my husband but I dont know where to go or what to do. I have no family to help me. I need to get away from him........we just had a major fight, HE WAS DRINKING I WAS DRINKING........Im bleeding and sooooooooooooooooo upset, and dont know what to do.......has anyone ever left their husband/ wife and what did you do?? I NEED TO LEAVE!!!!! please help........im a MESS RIGHT NOW
Lauretta
on 6/11/06 11:42 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Call the crisis line. Most areas have them. They will help you. That is what they do. Bethany obviously there is a lt going on that it messed up in your life right now. You have to start somewhere. Laurie
Curious G.
on 6/11/06 12:21 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I left my alcoholic husband almost 8 years ago. I find it highly ironic that here I am now having developed similar issues. Of course, I've not crashed 10 cars, had 3 dui's and been arrested for driving on a suspended license 6 times (as he had been at that point)... but hey it's still ironic. If you two are fighting to the point that somebody is bleeding, you dont' need ME to tell you that is messed up.. I agree with Laurie - call the crisis line. I wish I lived closer! Are you both still in the house or did he leave in an angry huff? Either way, things will be more clear in the morning so long as you are not in immediate danger. It sounds (and I coudl be wrong) like just a big row, and not necessarily an abusive situation. Now if I'm wrong, then PLEASE call somebody - be it the authorities or the crisis line. My first day sober, I called and made a psych appt. I still haven't taken myself to a 12 step meeting of any kind - not sure what I'm afraid of, but making that appointment made me somewhat accountable to somebody else. PLUS, it made me feel like I was taking control. If not tonight, please get up tomorrow and take at least one positive step towards changing the situation - and I dont' just mean don't drink. I mean make a step towards long term healing - any step at all. Those baby steps build momentum. Any chance that he'd go to therapy WITH you? Is it really hopeless or are you both hurt, frightened and dependant right now? My thoughts are with you and I pray you get some peace tonight. Email me if you need to! Much love, m
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views