I've lived thru another day

Curious G.
on 6/8/06 11:44 am - Peachtree City, GA
I did it. I didn't smoke. I didn't drink. I only took two xanax the entire day. I thought the trip to the police station would kill me - guess what? It didn't. I thought the conversation with my son would kill me. Guess what? It didn't! I didn't get to a meeting cuz I didn't have a sitter, but I DID have a long time friend who has been workign the steps for a long time come and sit with me tonight - and I was truly grateful to have her. I've made some good positive steps (y'all can read them in the main board - i'm too tired to recap) and I feel good about what I've done. At least I don't KEEP messing up. It's harder to clean up the messes if you keep making them. I love and appreciate you guys so much! xoxoxoxox goodnight, m
steveh
on 6/8/06 1:13 pm - San Francisco, CA
Wow.. a rough couple days. But damn! you didn't drink or smoke... that's incredible!! and amazing!! and miraculous!! Good job Michelle! p.s. it's not all that uncommon for family members to act out (unconsciously) when alcoholics/addicts decide to get healthy. Sounds like you handled it well. Steve
Lauretta
on 6/8/06 4:33 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Michelle, You and I have written back and forth a lot these last couple of days and I am so impressed with what you have been able to do for you and your kids. Even when it is one minute, one hour at a time you have stayed committed. I hope you got some much needed sleep. I have not been on line tonight because my daughter needed me. She is overwhelmed because a close mentor a teacher and close adult is dying of cancer, she broke up with her bf of 2 yr who happens to be a recovering addict and she has been thru a lot with and the adjustment of learning a new job and starting college. Seems small compared to the situation you are dealing with but to her it is her world and it is rapidly changing. My little co-dependant. She is a special young woman and I love her to pieces. Needs a little tlc. Was I ever that young? Laurie
Bethany J.
on 6/9/06 12:09 am - Granby, CT
Michelle you are soooo strong!!! Good for you!!! Im glad your feeling better, and that your friend was there to help you last night. I had a great night last night, came home from work, had dinner with my husband then watched a movie in bed and was SOBER and it felt great!!! Today I am treatingmyself to some nails and a tan!!! Tomorrow Im setting up my AVON booth to sell some products at our town's Chamber of Commerce Celebration......Im very excited!! Hope everyone has a good day and Michelle my thoughts and prayers are with you xoxoxox
Lauretta
on 6/9/06 1:48 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Bethany, So glad you are doing well. Hang in there. One day leads to the next. They really start feeling "normal" Have fun with your booth. I am proud of you. Laur
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views