So much for that!

vickiang
on 6/2/06 12:36 pm - Austin, TX
Thank God for Kodak moments because today was hell! I don't know why we crave drama when we are abusing, because life in sobriety is a roller coaster in itself! I won't go into details; seems ridiculous in words. But one extremely frustrating moment after another, being in pain, and have endless heat flashes, crawling skin and mood swings, musak and utilities running me around tha kazoo...teens. Need I say more? I yelled at my kids in front of my sis-in-law and niece. I think I terrified them. I feel terrible. Sober as a judge, but feeling weepy and remorseful. Darn, now I have amends to make. And don't you know, it wasn'y my "fault"? LOL! Yes, it was....at least my part in it. Being in a 12 step kinda robs you of the ability to feel like a jerk and be justified. Oh well, one day at a time. Vicki
Lauretta
on 6/2/06 5:37 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki, You make me laugh! You are so right. Sounds like my home somedays! My newly graduated daughter is tired and cranky and if I talk to her she snaps at me if I don't she feels neglected. 2 women in the house with PMS! My youngest seems to think he is all grown up and drives off almost daily without checking with me to see if it is okay or tell me where he is going. My oldest does not live at home and lives his own life but gets furious if he needs me and cannot find me. Hmmm do you think he would like it if the shoe was on the other foot? It s hard not to blow up sometimes. Deal with your part and set a good example. That is all we can do. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views