Kodak moment

vickiang
on 6/2/06 1:29 am - Austin, TX
Do you ever have those times when your mind seems to take a mental snapshot and you know you'll remeber it forever? Yesterday I took my visiting relatives from Shanghai all around. First on a hike with Bones, my Basset. Then to the movies for Under the Hedge, several stores for shopping, lunch, the pool, over to Congress bridge to watch 1.5 million bats fly out at dusk, to a top notch Asian fusion restaurant, and finally a stroll along 6th street which was blocked to traffic and jammed with college students and a biker rally. It's one of those streets where almost every place is a club, and instead of fixed front windows, It's all open air, like Key West. Music and laughter everywhere. NO WAY I would have done this at 370 and drinking. Much less enjoy it so much. Must admit a brief pang wishing I was 28 years younger and a part of the scene, but I'm not, and I'm unwilling to pay the consequences. I was able to get up this morning, sober, dress well and make a wonderful breakfast for everyone. With a smile. Ain't life grand? I can lose it all with a drink or mindless eating. Vicki
Lauretta
on 6/2/06 3:30 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki, You painted a great picture with words! Yes, that is a kodak moment and I am very happy for you. I am having a quiet day today and it is very needed and deserved. Catching up on all the little things that comprise quite a list but I just pace myself. Enjoy the weekend! Laur
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views