Gastric bypass and bal

vickiang
on 6/1/06 10:25 pm - Austin, TX
I did the same thing. beer, the crystal lite with vodka. It kicked my butt. I seemed to need it as a form of stress relief and hadn't developed any ther method than eating. The problem is, you never know if onw or 6 is going to put you over the edge. And I mean edge...dui, falling down, arguing edge. Plus it takes 2-3 days to metabolize. Please read this article: http://www.bbvitamins.com/research_Article_4.aspx Some people can do it, I definitely can not. I go from 0-60 in a flash with no inbetween fuzzies to stop me. Once the tiger is out of the cage, I just kept going and going until I couldn't. It feels so good to be sober, guilt free and have self esteem instead od having to feel I'm hiding something. I go to a 12 step, too. It teaches us how to live. I actually LIKE it now! I don't know how else I could have possibly made it. Vicki
Lauretta
on 6/2/06 3:21 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Ditto for me. I have learned new ways to cope. I look forward to my meetings. I am actually looking forward to tackling my next step. laurie
Curious G.
on 6/5/06 11:46 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I drank to the point of having 3 stomach ulcers in my pouch. *OUCH* I drank to the point of having my 2 best friends announce they can't stand to be around me anymore. *OUCH* I hope that is misery enough for me to stay sober. I hope. I think I'm afraid of going to a 12 step because I live in a town where I bet you I'd know half the people there. I don't want anybody to know how screwed up I am. Crazy huh? In addition, that is going to force me to think yet again about how I feel about the whole "higher power" thing, and perhaps I feel that even my higher power has abandonded me. Are there online 12 step groups? Maybe I can get away with never leaving the house again... (kidding) hugs, m
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views