Hi

bridgetok
on 6/1/06 5:07 am - Sanford, NC
My name is Bridget and I'm 31. I had GBS in january and have lost 102 pounds so far. I started at 370 and now weigh 268. I drank beer daily before the surgery. I knew going into this I would have to stop drinking for 6 months (my surgeon's reccomendation). I made it 4 months and started drinking again. I do not drink beer anymore, because I still fear the carbonation and carbohydrates. But I have been drinking vodka and crystal light. I have probably 3 or 4 1oz shots a night (highly diluted with crystal light). Every night. I KNOW this is bad for me, and is probably even slowing my weight loss, but I just can't help it. I know I have a problem. It was a problem before the GBS surgery, and I know that too. I'm looking more for support and encouragement from others who are in the same boat as I am. Thanks Bridget
Lauretta
on 6/1/06 7:47 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Bridget, Welcome. You are right this is not good for you for all kinds of reasons. You can do something about it be you have to be willing. Acknowledging it is terrific and I am really glad you posted. Do you have anyone close to you that can help and support you if you want to take the steps needed to stop? I am a member of a 12 step program. I simply could not do this alone. Addiction for me is so ingrained in my life I can and have abused alcohol, medicine, food and shopping to name the biggies! I have a wonderful life today. Have you considered a 12 step program? Some people need treatment but not everyone. Hugs, Laurie
Bethany J.
on 6/5/06 8:21 am - Granby, CT
hI bRIDGET, Glad your here, I drank before RYN WLS as well and still do to this day. I drink wine every night.....its a prob and thats why I come here to this board. Hope to hear from you again~ Bethany
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views