That just goes to show you

vickiang
on 5/24/06 9:52 pm - Austin, TX
I was dreading going out last night, nauseous and in pain. We got to the Japanese steakhouse and everything was clanging so loudly, it was giving me a killer headache. But the it started to quiet down and I could actually talk to the person next to me. I ended up having a good time and, amazingly, mind over body, I feel much better today. I guess dressing up, talking to others in a social situation, getting out of my head really did help my body to an extent. I still hurt, but I can stand up straight and take in a full breath, and that's a relief! By the way, those shower sootther tabs you put in the shower which emit a eucalyptus steam, really helped. I didn't each much; 4 pieces of sashimi, which others of course noted, but all of us wlsers get used to that after a couple of times around the block. So tomorrow it's back to my beloved meetings. The kids are out from school, and although I'm still not fit for the gym, we'll be out and around. Kinda reminds me of how they tell us we can spend tons of time fretting over some upcoming thing only to have it never come to pass and finding we wasted our time being negative when we could have claimed that life as our own. Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/25/06 2:15 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
So glad you had a nice time and are feeling better. I went to a meeting and was very glad I did. I was ready. I was hungry, tired and every person who trips my co dependency button was pinging yesterday. I went out for coffee after the meeting with my group of usual suspects and it was really nice. I am ready as I can be for the summer. I have been dragging my ass on doing a 6th step so it is starting to work me. I am approaching a 2 yr anniversary in NA and I know I need to get busy. I too need to get back to the gym. I hate it. I never get hooked on the gym. LOL Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views