Good phone call last night

Lauretta
on 5/25/06 2:32 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi all, You know I struggle with life on lifes terms just like everyone else. Family, friends, finances..... last night my husband who is out of town called me to share that he was having a serious conversation with someone about fear. Paralysing fear. This man has a 6 yr old with cancer. My husband called to tell me how grateful he is for the life we have today. How can you beat that for a great call? Fear real or imagined is so awful. It is the root of all negativity. I am so gateful that today I am clear headed enough to address my fears. To put them into perspective and work on solutions and not reacting constantly. I have plenty of fear. Fear of failure, fear I am slipping into old patterns of behavior. Today I practice dealing with it instead of running away into my addictions to comfort me. It is not easy nor is it my first thought. My first thought is usually the sickest of all. I cannot trust my instinctive coping skills. Those coping skills do not work anymore. I was really touched by his call and could tell him that I am too and how I just came from a meeting and it was great because I needed a meeting to feel centered and plugged into my program. Two years ago I was fearful of attending meetings and a little ashamed that I needed them. Not anymore. laurie
Bethany J.
on 5/25/06 3:05 am - Granby, CT
That is so great Laurie!!! Your husband sounds awesome. Ive been researching Starting Over founder RHONDA BRITTEN......have you heard of her? She has a fearless living website which I was reading yesterday. She is a former addict/alcoholic. I enjoy reading things that she writes ~ Thanks for sharing~
Lauretta
on 5/25/06 2:30 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
No I have not heard of her but I will check it out. Yes I have a great husband. We just had our 27th wedding anniversary and have been together since 1975. We are odd in todays world. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views