Sometimes when you find yourself knee deep in...

vickiang
on 5/24/06 6:51 am - Austin, TX
the only way to get out is one shovel at a time. I called the psychiatrist who specializes in addiction who helped me when I relapsed and got scared of going on a run. He referred me to a family counselor. She called a few minutes ago and we have an appointment on June 6, me alone first. Just like with AA, I do not have to do this alone. I'll be damned if I let my family disinegrate or if I go into relapse. Sigh, that gave me some slight relief. My chest is still killing me though and I am nauseous from non-narctic pain relievers. I need to get all dressed up and entertain Rick's former boss. He's flying in to see him, so something big must be in the works and I have no option to bail. I can just imagime 3 hours of them talking business while I sit at a table with Italian food and try not to puke. Feels like being a newbie again! Oh well, this too shall pass...and the sooner the better. One good thing I couldn't drink right now even if I wanted. I'd chuck my cookies and probably end up in the emergency room. That's a good thing, right LOL?! Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/24/06 9:58 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki, I hope the evening goes well. My husband is out of town and the youngest two are being so self absorbed. If they cannot find something which is constantly, they have been getting pissy with me as if I am all knowing keeper of all their stuff! GRRRRR! I am glad to be going to a meeting tonite. Somedays I am actually grateful I am an addict and have somewhere to go when life is a pain on its own terms instead of the bottom of a bottle. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views