Recent Posts

rsassyjackie
on 2/8/12 10:48 am - MA
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
 Hi Mrs. Clause-- U were right Dr.Jones was very pleasant. I got my surgery date. 2/13/12 pending insurance approval which his secretary feels shouldn't be a problem. Harvard has a 24 hr response! I am very excited but scared and nervous! If you can think of anything I should def. have in hosp or post at home please suggest! Thx
Weighfaring
on 2/7/12 10:10 am - Westwood, MA
Topic: Support Group/OA?
Hello :)

I had RNY 2 yrs ago, and after an ugly divorce, I have noticed some weight creeping back on.  I'd love to find a support group or some resources to help me with this.  I handled my food issues well for the first two years, but with the recent life changes, I have felt myself sliding.

Has anyone tried OA?  I don't know if it is right for me.  I've never been, but I'm a little worried about the religious overtones, as that's not my background, nor is it something that is very comforting.  

Anyone have ideas?  suggestions?  Even names of people who deal with food issues?  I did see a therapist at the beginning of the divorce, but he felt like I was holding up fine, which I am, but I need support around the food piece, not general stress.

Thanks!

Danielle 
Highest Weight: 335, Pre Surgery: 313, Surgery on 11/9/09

Weighfaring
on 2/7/12 9:48 am - Westwood, MA
Topic: RE: Support Group - MetroWest/Franklin 495 area??
 Hey there, 

Im located in Westwood...definitely looking for the support you mentioned.  I had surgery over 2 yrs ago, and I'd love to find a group of supportive people!

D
Highest Weight: 335, Pre Surgery: 313, Surgery on 11/9/09

MrsClaus09
on 2/7/12 8:13 am
Happy to answer whatever I can!  Dr. Jones was my surgeon - he was excellent and I was VERY pleased with my choice.  I couldn't imagine having another surgeon although I know they're all great at BIDMC.  Good luck with your meeting!  If you're at the point of meeting with Dr. J, I imagine you've done your nutrition classes, met with Sue and the nurses, etc.  The entire program was excellent. 

I had a bit of delay from the time I met with Dr. J until surgery as my insurance deniel my surgery...so, I had to appeal.  But, all in all, from the time I was approved to surgery date, it was just about a month.  WELL worth the wait in my opinion though!  My surgery stay was also great...all the staff were so helpful and kind.  I really don't have anything bad or critical to say at all.  From start to fini**** was a great experience!  I go back in a month for my one year follow up and I can't wait to see everyone!  I haven't had a chance to get back for any of the support groups but I just may once the weather warms up!  I did, however, go to the preop required meetings...went to even more than I had to because I enjoyed them so much! 

Again, good luck tomorrow...hope you get your surgery date soon!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
rsassyjackie
on 2/7/12 6:53 am - MA
  So happy to hear that! Who was your doctor? Do u go to any of the support meetings? I go tomorrow to meet with the surgean Dr. Daniel Jones. I am very nervous but yet very happy. I wish that weight loss was something I could have conquered on my own but wasn't and so here I am. How soon from ur meet with the surgean did they schedule ur surgery? I hope it's soon but I can't imagine it happening any sooner than March. What do you think? Thank you for being so helpful by letting me ask you all these questions.
MrsClaus09
on 2/6/12 8:22 pm
I did! Wouldn't have traded it for the world!  Loved everything about my experience! Feel free to send me a message with any ?s!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
rsassyjackie
on 2/5/12 9:24 am - MA
Topic: Beth Israel WLS program
 I am wondering if anyone is going through the WLS process @ Beth israel WLS program or has recently gone through it. I am in the process and would love to get some first hand patient info.
Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 2/3/12 1:50 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Topic: Dr. Kim at Mt Auburn in Cambridge?
 New here!

Im a patient of Dr. Julie Kim at Mt Auburn in Cambridge.

Im on a fast track, trying to get all my requirements finishe hopefully for an April/May surgery.
Has anyone had Dr Kim, Dr Greenberg, etc. either at Mt Auburn or Tufts?  Dr Shikora is part of the group too.

I really like everybody over there.  I have heard about people in programs having a $500 program fee (?) but they've yet to ask for money or mention anything like that.

Interested in everyone's experiences.  So far, everyone couldn't be nicer or more helpful.
Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 2/3/12 1:37 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Topic: RE: Masshole Roll Call!
Ahhhhhhlington too!  (that's funny because I always say/type it like that lol)

Originally from Amesbury but now I'm all about The Heights, kid!

Stacie 
C J
on 1/30/12 12:48 am - Franklin, MA
Topic: RE: Surgery Brigham& Women
Congratulations on your revision, you're going to love RNY vs Band!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views