Recent Posts

jamiebrain
on 3/2/12 9:43 pm - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Steven S.
on 3/1/12 12:20 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Topic: RE: Sleeve - Newton Wellesley Hospital
I might see you tonight.  I just looked at the schedule and I thought it was the new patient into meeting tonight.  Chances are I will see you there.  If not, I'll definitely be there next week.

hoosierapple
on 2/29/12 9:50 pm
Revision on 06/05/18

I hope you get your surgery date then. :). 

They typically wait til after insurance approves for a date, although maybe it depends on which insurance you have.  Otherwise on my last appt I would have been given my date.  So, I am waiting rather impatiently on my insurance approval.  lol.  I started my journey Dec 1 - and feels good to finally get to the place of being ready. :)

I will be at tonight's meeting, as well as next weeks... I am going to attend all I can pre-op... As well as post-op.  it's nice to be around folks who share the same struggle. 

Good luck! 

Steven S.
on 2/29/12 8:36 pm - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Thanks!  I'm looking forward to my surgery.  I should be get my surgery date on my next appt which is March 14.  I'm going to the meeting on Thursday March 8.   Let me know if you'll be there!
hoosierapple
on 2/29/12 12:34 pm
Revision on 06/05/18

I go to the same office as you do, but see a different doc.  They choose based on your specific medical issues, at least that is what I understand.... Though it does seem as more RNY than sleeve.   Initially they were going to do the sleeve for me due to my anemia - however once they found out I don't absorb iron orally, but rather get infusions, he settled in RNY as a better option for me.   

They submitted for insurance approval last week, hope to hear soon! 

Maybe I will see ya at some of the meetings.  :)

Good luck on your journey!

NevillesMom
on 2/29/12 2:31 am - MA
Topic: RE: Support Ground in Boston or SS?
 My hospital has some too but the topics seem to be more for people who are thinking about surgery.

I woudl also be intersted in forming one in Boston.  
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 9:54 am
Topic: RE: Lakeville, Middleboro, Taunton, Fall river area?!?
oh really!?! No way! That awesome. Where and at what time? i'd liek to go
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 9:53 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 3:52 am - North Brookfield, MA
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/12 11:09 am - Boston, MA
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
 I had my surgery there last year as well.. I love most of the program, love my surgeon Dr. Schneider.  I went for one support meeting after the surgery but really didn't feel I got enough out of it to take the drive into Boston after a long day at work.  Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.  good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views