Recent Posts

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 3/6/12 9:11 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Topic: RE: Dr. Kim at Mt Auburn in Cambridge?
Thanks! I've only net her twice now but my big appt with her is on the 23rd!
kardon
on 3/6/12 9:01 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Kim at Mt Auburn in Cambridge?
I also had Dr. Kim at Tufts. She's the best!
hoosierapple
on 3/5/12 8:30 pm
Revision on 06/05/18
Topic: RE: Sleeve - Newton Wellesley Hospital

Since you had ur surgery in '08....  I'm not sure if you are aware Dr Gazmuri is retiring on May 1 ...  I know he has helped alot of people and many are very sad to see him go.  

AwesomeForever
on 3/4/12 5:29 pm - Marlborough, MA
 Hello, I had surgery with Dr Gazmuri in Jan. 08, I trust him with any decisions he makes concerning me. I had RNY surgery. It was a great option for me. I know that the new surgery is being performed there now. I do hope you are successful. I cannot say enough about the team there at Newton Wellesley.

Linda
hoosierapple
on 3/3/12 8:32 pm
Revision on 06/05/18
hoosierapple
on 3/3/12 8:30 pm, edited 3/3/12 8:30 pm
Revision on 06/05/18

I was there sitting along the wall.... I will be there Thursday as well... Say Hi!  

- Apple

Cindyagogo
on 3/3/12 9:59 am
RNY on 02/21/12
On February 23, 2012 at 6:11 AM Pacific Time, ssansoucie wrote:
Hi

I'm hoping to have my VSG surgery in April at Newton Wellesly Hospital. 

The WLS program there is awesome.  The staff and the DR's are all great.  The only challenge I've had so far is that is seems they do more RNY over Sleeves.  I'm curious if any of you have (or had) experience with the Sleeve surgery at Newton Wellesly.

My surgeon is Dr. Sheila Partridge and I think she's fantastic - but again, just a little concerned because their program is more geared toward gastric bypass.

BCBS just started covering the sleeve in the last 2-3 months. Insurance companies have been slow to get onboard. I think that is definitely a big reason why they haven't been done as much.
Cindyagogo
on 3/3/12 9:53 am
RNY on 02/21/12
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
On February 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM Pacific Time, jamiebrain wrote:
 Hi there,

I'm brandy new and have my very first appointment to meet with a nurse named Elaine at BID on 3/16.  So brandy, BRANDY new.  I've been reading lots of posts though and a gazillion questions come to mind.  Mrs Claus, I'm curious - you said yours was held up because your insurance denied it the first time and you had to appeal.  Do you mind if I ask what insurance you were dealing with and why the denied you the first time?  On paper I meet all the criteria for my insurance company (BCBS) but that's one of my fears.
Hi there.
Where are you in the process? Have you met with Sue or the nutritionist? Elaine is great! great sense of humor.
In my case i was referred to therapy for 6 months so that was my big holdup. i was P'Oed at first but glad i went thru the therapy. It has helped alot and i am continuing with it. Support is crucial!

I have BCBS and it was just a matter of days for approval. I got my date the same day I met Dr. Jones.
Steven S.
on 3/3/12 4:31 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Thanks!  I'm excited about getting my surgery.  My surgeon is Dr. Partridge and she's been fantastic.  I was at the meeting on Thursday (the one who mentioned getting so swetty at gym!! :))

I'm going to the meeting this Thursday as well.  If you're there - please say hello!!!

Steve

AMYLIZ527
on 3/2/12 10:56 pm - Sterling, MA
Good morning! 
I am so happy to see some 'chatter' on here- although I haven't been on OH in awhile, the MA board had really died down! I had my surgery on May 5, 2011 and was at the meeting on Thursday- were you guys sitting behind  me? Wierd "virtual world" that we live in! :) 
Good luck at your apt next week and good luck with your insurance approval! 
Its a great journey! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views