Recent Posts

M M
on 3/24/12 4:32 am
Topic: 2012 Walk from Obesity April 28, 2012 at Natick
 Natick, MA - 2012 Walk from Obesity April 28, 2012 at Natick

Melting Mama Bariatric Bad Girls Club

The Walk from Obesity is the only event that brings together those who are directly affected by obesity. Our team's participation in this event is key to raising funds and drawing attention to obesity and the need for treatment and prevention efforts. 

In 2011 - Team MM + BBGC raised $5400.00 for the OAC. HELP US DO IT AGAIN!

We need your help to reach our fundraising and participation goal! Please join our team or make a donation today.

Any contribution will help the work of the ASMBS Foundation and Obesity Action Coalition and all donations are 100% tax deductible.

Click here for more information on the Obesity Action Coalition

Join This Team!
alasvolattpropriis
on 3/24/12 12:39 am - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
Topic: RE: Looking for a New Facility for VSG in MA
Hi! I just wanted to speak up about Faulkner/Brigham & Women. I had my VGS on 2/8. I just had my 6 week checkup yesterday. Since surgery I have lost 30lbs. I can't say enough about my surgeon Dr. Jooyeun Chung & her administrative Assistant Alicja. I started going there every month since last July, I weighed 372 +. The Dr. & I discussed what would be best for me.  First  she wanted me to lose 50 pounds before surgery. The 1st month I gained, she later told me she thought I was never coming back, but I did. When I did the pre-op diet before surgery I lost more weight & after surgery she told me it didn't mater if I lost or gained she was going to do the surgery due to my commitment to the program. I look forward to my appointments,  thats when I do my weigh ins (I don't weigh myself before). Out of a 1 to 10 I would rate my experience with the program, Dr., staff, & hospital a "TEN". If you would like to talk to them here is their number at The Weight Loss Clinic 617-983-4887 or 617-732-8500. Good Luck  & please let me know how you make out.                

C J
on 3/22/12 11:09 am - Franklin, MA

What's so important here is that you've recognized that you are NOT being treated like you should.  This is life altering and these people will be with you for the duration... of course you'll want them to treat you well and respect you without being judgemental!!!

I'm hoping to get some "local" people together to form a group.  I fell off the wagon and stopped going to support groups all together.  Monday I saw my nutritionist for the first time in 8months  and we went over the importance of support and after care.   There isn't a "local" group that I know of but I've been trying to get some people together to form one so we can "support" each other.

I heard nothing but GOOD about VSG - I wanted it but couldn't afford self-pay and my insurance didn't cover it :-(   I have no regrets with my RNY - life is SOOOO different!!!

Keep in touch...

kixfix
on 3/22/12 7:39 am
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
I cannot tell you how deflated I am, Newton Wellesley and that particualr Doc were not a match for me. If I want to be judged I can ask any member of the public, I don't need it from the supposed doctor who is helping me! I will be contacting them tomorrow to move forward. I live in Medway, next town over do you belong to a local support group? Would love to chat about your experience.

You're looking good!!
Thank you again. Sue.
Email: [email protected]
C J
on 3/21/12 11:34 am - Franklin, MA
Check out Tufts - Weight & Wellness program.   I was at the support group on Monday and they say they're are performing a significant amount of VSG's (assuming your Insurance company has VSG in their coverage)

I'm a post-op RNY'er I l-o-v-e the Tufts group and their program both pre and postop has been fantastic.  They are all genuienly compasionate about the obesity AND individual situations.  I chose Tufts for my revision from LapBand to RNY after having worked with the Brigham/Faulkner group.   The Brigham.Faulkner staff is help full and surgeons reputable I found their aftercare program... well... non-existant!!!  Ironically I got a letter in the mail from them just the other day asking how I have been doing... yeah, thanks my Lap-Band surgery was like 5years ago!!!

Good luck on your quest... finding the right surgeon/staff/support etc. is KEY!!!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

kardon
on 3/21/12 4:52 am
I had a great experience at Tuft's medical center during and after my gastric bypass. You may want to see if they perform VSG. I wish you the best of luck.

kixfix
on 3/20/12 8:33 am
Topic: Looking for a New Facility for VSG in MA
I just had a horrendous experience with Sheila Partridge at Newton Wellesley Hospital.
I have wasted a lot of time and effort and need to change to another facility, who will be supportive and understand, that I will have setbacks but support me and not tear my self esteem down and berate me. I am looking to have VSG surgery and was doing well and had lost weight, but then had a hard month with work and timing and put on just over half a pound and was set upon by Partridge. I have been crying for 5 days and need to find a better facility that does not attack their patients in this endeavor. Not looking for warm and fuzzy just kind and understanding, I can take straight talking just not attacks in a demeaning, arrogant approach.
Thank you.
kixfix
on 3/20/12 8:19 am
Topic: RE: Sleeve - Newton Wellesley Hospital
I wish I had the same experience to share, I do not! Partridge is cold, barely smiles and is condescending and unprofessional. She was cruel in her remarks and I got up and left crying, NO-ONE should ever leave a facility for weight loss feeling bad about themselves due to what a doctor says to you. I am going else where, there is no point in meeting with a therapist who evaluates how you feel about yourself and the onset of this proceedure if you have doctors tearing that down.
Partridge needs retraining on her approach to patients and how she speaks to them, if we could do this alone we would not need her and if we falter we need support not criticism. Breaking people down speaks to her character not mine! This approach is EXACTLY what sends people over the borders for weight loss surgery!!
Her reviews on vitals are dire!
http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Sheila_Partridge
kardon
on 3/19/12 10:18 am
Topic: Need Friends
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and I had surgery at Tufts Medical Center on 11/28/11; I live in Woburn. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to receive\give support. Thanks.

Karla Rapoza
on 3/16/12 2:25 am - MA
Topic: 8 months post op ???
Hello i am 8 months post op and down 111 pounds and my body has seemed to hit a  plateau... I know its not a big deal but i have been like this for a few weeks.. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get past this... Im kinda stuck and i work out and go to the gym 3 days a week and do other arobic exercises on the off days Pleas any suggestions are most deff welcomed...
    Karla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views