Recent Posts

poodlemama
on 4/12/12 7:45 am - MA
Topic: Post Op Counseling/Help
It appears that the program I went through before my surgery no longer exists and I am really struggling. Any suggestions for a program in the Metrowest area?
I worked so hard, I can't let myself fail now.

Thanks =)

I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

AmberLee72
on 4/10/12 6:27 am
Topic: 40 WEEKS POST OP PHOTOS!!
Here are my 40 week post op photos. I am down 147lbs! I have had a rough month dealing with my gallbladder but it was removed 2 weeks ago so I am back to normal. I haven't lost anything since I got my gallbladder out but I am hoping to break through this little stall this week. I weigh 164lbs (which is around what I weighed in 5th grade!!) but I am hoping to lose at least another 20 lbs. Since I am only almost 10 months post op I am hoping my body lets me keep losing!

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/8/12 11:11 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Topic: RE: Looking for a New Facility for VSG in MA
I'm at Mt Auburn with Dr. Julie Kim. So far everything has been beyond amazing. I get sleeved next Tuesday. Wish me luck and I hope you find somewhere that gives you what you need. I dont think Id take too well to being berated either. Like we don't feel bad ENOUGH, right?

rsassyjackie
on 4/6/12 1:25 am - MA
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
 That is exactly how I did it! That means you will be on the other side soon! Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions!!!

jamiebrain
on 4/3/12 3:50 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
Just checking in - I had my first appointment and it went well.  Got scheduled for just about all of the next round of appointments in one day - next Monday!  Going to have blood drawn, the ultrasound, echocardiogram (since I'm a former phen-fen user, bummer), Dr. H, nutritionist and social worker all in one day.  It's going to be a long one! 
Maureen2012
on 4/1/12 8:07 am, edited 4/1/12 8:11 am
Topic: Lowell General Hospital
I live in Southern NH but I'm planning on having my surgery Gastric Bypass done at Lowell General Hospital.  Can anyone give me information on the surgeons and their program?  I have an appt scheduled to meet with them in 2 weeks.   Thanks for any info.

Maureen2012
MrsClaus09
on 4/1/12 12:26 am
On March 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, kixfix wrote:
I took the advice from here and went to Beth Israel, I had my first appointment today and it was so different from Newton Wellesley. The one thing that reiterated for me was when watching the preappointment video, was that they truly believe in providing support and encouragement and to treat everyone with respect and dignity, all of which was missing for me at Newton Wellesley with Sheila Partridge. I don't need warm and fuzzy but I do need kind and respectful, which was exactly my experience today at Beth Isarel, so thank you everyone for the direction.
YAY!  So happy for you, kixfix! I'm sure you will love the program and people - I'm telling you, I have pretty high expectations and everything from preop to my hospital stay to post up - everyone and everything was great!  I wish you the best on your journey!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
kixfix
on 3/30/12 7:39 am
I took the advice from here and went to Beth Israel, I had my first appointment today and it was so different from Newton Wellesley. The one thing that reiterated for me was when watching the preappointment video, was that they truly believe in providing support and encouragement and to treat everyone with respect and dignity, all of which was missing for me at Newton Wellesley with Sheila Partridge. I don't need warm and fuzzy but I do need kind and respectful, which was exactly my experience today at Beth Isarel, so thank you everyone for the direction.
Jen 1959
on 3/26/12 10:21 pm - NH
Topic: TAX help ASAP!!
Ok, here goes I live in NH, I have a friend (ex ) that lives in NH and works in MASS.
We have stayed fairly friendly over the past years due to the children.

I just found out last night by him that he has not filed taxes for almost 10 years
so I am trying to find a Tax attorney or a CPA firm, preferably the cheaper of the 2..

Reason he came forward to me is because his salary has been garnished
and he thinks child support will be reduced, I told him child support

will not be affected UNLESS he goes to jail !!

So does anyone in MASS know of a firm near the REVERE area?
Again he lives in NH and works in MASS, could he hire a firm in NH?
I don`t know why I bother to help other then he is my childrens father.

Thanks in Advance!!
MrsClaus09
on 3/24/12 11:48 pm
I had my VSG at BIDMC (Beth Israel) and wouldn't change a thing!!!  I cannot say enough about how wonderful their program and their entire WLS is!  Just had my one year follow up and all is well with me...and, it was great to catch up with all of them.  They also have monthy support groups, info sessions and an annual reunion. 

Best of luck to you!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views