Recent Posts

Miss_Kitty
on 6/15/12 7:36 am - New Bedford, MA
Topic: RE: Hey All
I didn't have WLS but I had a 20 lb panni removal from a WLS surgeon.

Her name is Janey Pratt and she works out of Mass General Hospital in Boston. She does several types of WLS, so you can try asking if she does lapriscope. Not only is she a WLS surgeon, she is an instructor of WLS.

If you are interested, here is here office phone #......
1-617-724-1088.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

sparker781
on 6/13/12 11:38 am - Malden, MA
Topic: Hey All
I am 37 years young.  I have been in and out of Weight Loss surgery programs for the past few years.  I am in a situation where I was approved for it and then lost my job.  Then would restart a job get laid off and be back to square one.  Anyhoo I am not on unemployment again with Network Health thru Unemployment and am looking for a doctor that does Weight Loss surgery lapriscopically (Did I spell that right?)  I was going to go thru Dr Sheldon Randall out of Lawrence Memorial but am not sureif he does it that way....Any suggestions would great appreciated.

BTW I live in the Malden area
KCrewe
on 6/12/12 11:13 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
 Dr. Schnieder got the hospital to waive the fee.
YvonneLMH
on 6/12/12 2:48 am - Melrose, MA
Topic: RE: Recommendation for plastic surgeon or PS clinic in MA?
 I used Dr Jay Austen at MAss General, he was great.

Miss_Kitty
on 6/9/12 1:04 pm - New Bedford, MA
Topic: RE: RNY to DS Revision.... MA Surgeons???
I didn't have WLS but I did have a 20 lb panni removal from a WLS surgeon. Her name is Janey Pratt and she works out of Mass General Hospital. She is not only a WLS but she is an instructor of WLS. All doctors that see my scar (which is hardly visable) compliment her work.

If you are interested, here is here office phone #......
1-617-724-1088.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

artroxy blue
on 6/8/12 9:39 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
Topic: RE: Post Op Counseling/Help
 I think Dr Randall is out of Newton-Wellesley now, so it might be worth checking out? Good luck!
scalingback1
on 6/8/12 3:25 am - Mashpee, MA
 Thanks Valerie.  I have an appointment with them on June 28th.  I have consults with three other plastic surgeons also.  I'd be grateful if anyone who has used them is willing to share their experience.  I'll be posting my experiences on the plastic surgery forum.
Thanks again for answering me!

First goal reached at one year.    
 "What is, is. What will be, is what you make it."  Unknown

MLJ2012
on 6/7/12 7:37 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Lahey Burlington
My husband has had a major surgery there and they were awesome.  Our primary care is a Lahey doctor which is how I chose Lahey.  I know a few people that have had the WLS at Winchester, all very positive experiences. I guess I will just have to wait and see..so far things have been going well.

Thanks for replying.
ML
Valerieb09
on 6/7/12 1:55 pm - Seacoast, NH
I know Mass General has a residency program that is discounted quite a bit....several people from MA have used them with good results.

Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Marygerl
on 6/6/12 11:41 am - Woburn, MA
Topic: RE: Lahey Burlington
I don't have any experience with their WLS dept, but overall there are better hospitals in the area. I had my surgery at Winchester and couldn't have had a better experience. My husband's doctor is at Lahey, but he won't go to the hospital there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views