Recent Posts

Steven S.
on 8/7/12 8:32 am, edited 8/7/12 8:35 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
AmberLee72
on 8/7/12 5:15 am, edited 8/6/12 7:10 pm
Topic: Weight Loss Surgery Couple- Instagram photos inside
Here are some cute pictures I did for my instagram followers. My lovely partner Lesa had her RNY in 2005 and has lost 130lbs and has maintained ever since and I am 13 months post op RNY and I have lost 164lbs so far and would like to keep losing! I thought I woud share our success with you all! Nothing like pictures to give a little hope for the future!! We love our RNY! (finally lol!)

PS- Does anyone use instagram? I am OBSESSED lol and have alot of WLS followers on there! Follow me @ peace_train

jamiebrain
on 8/7/12 2:35 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
Wooo, one week from today.  Getting a little nervous.  ;)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

lovetheweighitfeels
on 8/2/12 10:16 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Any other Tufts NEMC patients?
I am currently scheduled for August 27th, and I am like FREAKING out, cause I want to make sure the insurance covers everything before really allowing this to settle in. Anyone have Tufts Health Insurance.

BTW my friend had the surgery 2 weeks ago, she said make sure you bring something to read, some music to listen to, some LOOSE clothing, and a loose bra, towels and a pillow to lean on when you get in the car to go back home ( support your body and back ) and make sure you have all of your food available in the household when you come back.

Also, I heard Dr Kim is WONDERFUL, so you should be totally fine.
jdtrans
on 8/1/12 10:44 pm - Scituate, MA
 I am currently scheduled for August 13th.. Coming soon. I am interested to know what to expect?
lovetheweighitfeels
on 7/30/12 10:03 am - MA
I am also getting my surgery at tufts, and I hope to have my surgery soon! I also have Dr. Shah as my surgeon! 

Getting anxious, only a few more visits left!
blanagan78
on 7/25/12 8:58 am - MA
Topic: RE: 1 year down :)
congratulations!!!  I can't wait until i reach that year mark!   Its only been 6 weeks for me and I'm doing great losing weight. I find it so hard to take all my pills and supplemnts, drink and figure out what to eat.  Too hot to cook this summer.  I get discouraged with myself.  What are your survival skills???

Kelleigh710
on 7/24/12 1:09 am
Topic: RE: Repair/revision Dr. Thompson
Hi Yvonne,

I had the repair with Dr. Thompson and it was a no go. It didn't do anything for me. From what I understand, there has been little success with this revision. I now have a band over my bypass and I'm doing very well with that. You may want to explore that option.
marieh
on 7/23/12 9:10 pm - So. Easton, MA
Topic: Katie Jay's NH WLS event!!

Meet Me (Katie Jay!) in New Hampshire...A Rare Opportunity for the WLS Community

(When you are one of the first 5 people to register for my exclusive seminar, you'll get a free book!)

Dear Small Bites Reader,

Many weight loss surgery patients contact me about how well they did initially, only to start to regain after some months or years. Or they haven't regained, but they sense they are changing and know they need to do something before the regain begins.

Other patients find life after surgery more challenging for other reasons, like relationship issues, boundaries, transfer addiction, and other stresses.

No matter what, I've got information you won't hear anywhere else to help you on your journey.

I am thrilled to announce I am coming to Concord, New Hampshire, on August 11, 2012, to provide a seminar for people who want to create their best WLS life after bariatric surgery!

August 11, 2012, 10am - 4pm (Lunch provided!)

The Susan N. McLane Audubon Center, Concord, New Hampshire

Emotional Dessert: How to Move from Emotional Eating to Emotional Living (and Create a Life that Feels Better than Food Tastes!)

To register:

http://www.nawls.com/products/item92.cfm

I've traveled all over the country doing this seminar and have gotten a tremendous response. I hope you will consider coming!

(And please let your WLS friends know about this event, too. Just forward this email to them.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views