Recent Posts

jamiebrain
on 8/22/12 7:14 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Topic: RE: Beth Israel WLS program
 Well it's been a week and I'm doing pretty good.  At about 3/4 of my water each day and a little more than half the protein.  I've had a few oops moments.  Learned what it's like when my pouch gets too full.  Blech!  Lol.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

kimchigirl
on 8/22/12 7:02 am - MA
Topic: RE: Anyone have gastric bypass done by Dr. Cohen at UMass Worcester Hospital?
Well I had my surgery on July 27th, and I have to say that Dr. Cohen is so awesome. He is one of my new favorite people, lol. He is super funny and puts you at ease, he is def a no bull**** kind of guy. The hospital staff was great. I didn't see Dr. Cohen post surgery while in the hospital though, not sure if he was just doing other surgeries or what, but the docs that came to check on me were great and the nurses were amazing as well as housekeeping staff. Tell her that when they take her off IV fluids on the last day and give her what they call a "thimble" of water (not sure why when it's just a medicine measuring cup) it will be the bes****er she has ever had, lol. The pain was not bad, I thought it would be about the same as my c-section, but it wasn't as bad, although the morphine drip might have had a little to do with that, lol. I had more discomfort from gas pain, but even that wasn't horrible, it was just really uncomfortable a couple of times. I wish her luck, but with Dr. Cohen she won't need it! 
jharrington8172
on 8/21/12 12:47 pm - Hermitage, TN
Topic: RE: Anyone have gastric bypass done by Dr. Cohen at UMass Worcester Hospital?
I was just coming onto the boards to ask about Dr. Cohen as my little sister is going to have her gastric bypass with him next month.    I was just being a nosey sibling and wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with him.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

KathyS28
on 8/18/12 12:40 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Support Group - MetroWest/Franklin 495 area??
 IAm having surgery next month would love to join you guys if you started a group.

KathyS28
on 8/18/12 12:32 pm - MA
Topic: RE: 49 Weeks Post Op Photos!
You are inspiring, I am having Rny at BW/Faulkner next month.
rsassyjackie
on 8/18/12 11:03 am - MA
 Glad you are home! He is right better to stay hydrated and work on the protein. It does get easier. Don't stress just do ur best! I'm glad to have made the visit, especially once I found out that you didn't have a surgie-buddy. Please feel free to text or call with questions or just how your feeling. Keep up the good work and keep me posted!

jamiebrain
on 8/18/12 10:08 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Hey!  I'm home and doing OK.  Can't tell you what it meant that you stopped by, that was so sweet!  :)
I'm getting water in more or less OK.  Struggling on the protein but Dr. Andrews said to expect that so I'm not to worried about it.  He said the first week or so staying hydrated was more important and that I'll get there with the protein.  :)

I am glad to be home!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

rsassyjackie
on 8/17/12 10:11 pm - MA
 Jamie! How are you doing??? Hopefully you are well and at home! Keep me posted on ur recovery!

SunsetTerrace
on 8/16/12 2:07 pm
Topic: RE: Starting Process at Beth Israel - Any thoughts?
Thank you for the reply Mrs C.

I am looking forward to my appt on Monday.  I have been reading on-line for months and it will feel particulary real when I step into the BI office.

Your blog was helpful.  It was good to follow your timeline.  Thanks again. I'll keep you updated.
Cheers to the next chapter.
Di
MrsClaus09
on 8/15/12 7:15 pm
Topic: RE: Starting Process at Beth Israel - Any thoughts?
Congrats on getting the ball rolling!!

I had my sleeve at BIDMC.  I truly cannot say enough about the people AND the program there...everything from pre-surgery to follow up a year later has been wonderful.  Dr Jones was my surgeon and he was excellent!  But, really, they are ALL so wonderful, caring and helpful!

I think after my NUT, social worker appts, I attended another group info session, met with Dr H (med director), the nurse again, had an ultrasound, labs and then just waited for insurance approval...it took a LONG time for mine due to the insurance I have. Once insurance approved me, I had surgery scheduled within a few weeks.

I think I note a bit of my experience in my blog link...I'll warn you...I'm horrible at keeping it updated!

Best of luck to you - you are in excellent hands!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs