Recent Posts

coconutatthebeach
on 10/10/12 11:43 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone have gastric bypass done by Dr. Cohen at UMass Worcester Hospital?
I've heard of Dr. Cohen, but I'd recommend Dr. Kelly. Dr. Kelly is superb surgeon at Worcester U-Mass. he didn't do my weight loss surgery but he did my follow-up with the injections and other things that came up. He has a problem with his back and neck that is noticed when first met, but don't let that deter you. He is director of the weight loss department and the best surgeon I've ever come across. Additionally he is kind and compassionate.
Rachel B.
on 10/9/12 2:33 am
Topic: RE: Does Neighborhood Health cover the sleeve?
 Just in case anyone was wondering, I called the insurance and it's covered.

3yearsleeve
on 10/7/12 3:43 pm - Boston, MA
Don't think so...I had the sleeve, great procedure for short term (2-4 years) but then Grehlin levels come back and you get very hungry. I would only choose the sleeve if you are comfortable with having a bypass or DS down the road. I'm having a DS because its my only option. Wish I picked the Band.
3yearsleeve
on 10/7/12 3:39 pm - Boston, MA
Topic: Know this about the Sleeve
Just make sure if you go ahead with the sleeve that you are comfortable and able to have a second operation, a DS or Bypass. The reason is due to the Ghrelin hormone being removed by the sleeve procedure which causes u tool have no sense of hunger, however our bodie adapt and the Grehlin comes back which means you will feel hunger again. For me it was the 2 year mark, started to feel so hungry and sure enough my Grehlin levels when tested were back in the normal range. Now, I'm looking at another procedure

Reply From Nikki:

Wow I wasn't aware that the hormones for hunger would/could potentially come back! Huh....I know I don't want multiple procedures (I hate the idea of going under for any reason, but I can buck up when I have to). I'm going to go with the band. Like you said earlier there isn't one long term 5 year study that demonstrates good results...
Cusscusscutie
on 10/6/12 6:05 am - MA

I am not sure if they do, but I did have the sleeve in MA and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Rachel B.
on 10/6/12 5:52 am
Topic: Does Neighborhood Health cover the sleeve?
 I have Neighborhood Health through MassHealth.  My question is would the sleeve be covered?

geekgirl617
on 9/30/12 10:48 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
Just because someone receives MassHealth for insurance doesn't mean they dont work just as hard as you do. Blame the insurance companies for being so greedy. This is a forum for people wanting help that their tax brackets cant afford. Should thay be denied care because they cant afford it? Unfortunately, it only pays to be rich or considered poor in this country, anywhere in the middle and you're just plain stuck. I feel your pain, but lets place blame where its due.
YvonneLMH
on 9/30/12 3:01 am - Melrose, MA
Topic: RE: Repair/revision Dr. Thompson
 So sorry it took so long to reply.  I ended up having my regular gastric bypass surgeon repair my suture line disruption in August and I'm feeling 100% better.  Thank you for the info.  

SueM072607
on 9/18/12 2:39 pm
Topic: RE: Plastics (face) in Boston/Worcester areas
Hi:

My insurance paid for 2/3 as they covered the panniculectomy only.  My cost was about $7k.

Good luck!

Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views