Recent Posts

bras1987
on 3/1/13 7:34 am
Topic: RE: BMC healthnet, anyone?

Hey, i changed to NHP as bmc were asking 6months diets before approving. Nhp does not require that, but my surgeon officenis sending the request for the prior authorization monday. Hopefully they will aprove me! 

M. Mara
on 3/1/13 7:22 am
Topic: RE: BMC healthnet, anyone?
On February 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM Pacific Time, bras1987 wrote:

Hey!
I just had my first visit with the surgeon, and they are a little worried about my insurance part (BMC healthnet - Commonwealth Care), where it says: "Continued obesity despite previous efforts at nutritionally and medically sound weight loss that have been tried and failed for a minimum of 6 months as documented in medical records".
My Dr think i will have to do a 6 months under a nutritionist supervision before going thru the surgery,they even gave me the idea of purchasing a private plan to do the surgery,  but i called BMC and they said that i only need "proof" that i failed treatments or programs before (like WW, etc). I did have another weight loss surgery in 2007 called BIB in Italy, which did not succeed, and also did 1 whole year of ww in 2010, and gained all the weight back.

DId any of you dealt with this before? My BMI is 43.

Should i go forward with BMC or should i buy a new private policy?

thanks

Hi!

Sorry I cant answer you, did they approved you? I have BMC , and Im in the beginning of the process...hope u answer me1

M. Mara
on 3/1/13 7:19 am
Topic: RE: Does Neighborhood Health cover the sleeve?
On February 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM Pacific Time, bras1987 wrote:
I just changed my insurance from BMC to NHP, and im about to have lapband, i'm so anxious if they going to approve my prior autorization!

Hi!!

Im with BMC now, do you think is more easy the process with NHP??

bras1987
on 2/19/13 1:58 am
Topic: RE: Does Neighborhood Health cover the sleeve?
I just changed my insurance from BMC to NHP, and im about to have lapband, i'm so anxious if they going to approve my prior autorization!

bras1987
on 2/11/13 9:24 am
Topic: RE: "Before" clothing picture!

Wow, u look greatttt...

Do u mind if i ask what did u do with the skin? I'm so scared of whats gonna happen with my skin once the weight is gone.

specially my arms :(

thanks

bras1987
on 2/11/13 9:17 am
Topic: BMC healthnet, anyone?

Hey!
I just had my first visit with the surgeon, and they are a little worried about my insurance part (BMC healthnet - Commonwealth Care), where it says: "Continued obesity despite previous efforts at nutritionally and medically sound weight loss that have been tried and failed for a minimum of 6 months as documented in medical records".
My Dr think i will have to do a 6 months under a nutritionist supervision before going thru the surgery,they even gave me the idea of purchasing a private plan to do the surgery,  but i called BMC and they said that i only need "proof" that i failed treatments or programs before (like WW, etc). I did have another weight loss surgery in 2007 called BIB in Italy, which did not succeed, and also did 1 whole year of ww in 2010, and gained all the weight back.

DId any of you dealt with this before? My BMI is 43.

Should i go forward with BMC or should i buy a new private policy?

thanks

PrincessBelle
on 2/10/13 4:33 am
Topic: RE: Gallstones pre-surgery?

So did the gallstones slow down your surgery?

RNY 3/11/13. 

reikilady7
on 2/4/13 8:32 pm - MA
Topic: Nothing more than just hello

Hello - I am new to message boards, weight loss surgery, support groups etc. recent surgery 2 weeks ago, now feeling "out there" would like to connect occasionally with others in Ma. I had my surgery at Emerson Hospital Dr.Lautz Concord, my experience was very good and I feel great. How about you ?? 

AmberLee72
on 1/30/13 12:58 am
Topic: Need before and after photos for inspiration? Check my INSTAGRAM!

Need before and after photos for inspiration? Please follow me on INSTAGRAM! My instagram name is peace_train. I do not have a blog BUT I am a photographer and always have my camera with me so instagram has always worked best for me to show my journey. I add new pictures all the time so come check out the life of a gastric bypass patient...maintaining her 168 lbs weight loss!

Instagram photos below....

AmberLee72
on 1/29/13 5:02 am
Topic: "Before" clothing picture!
  My partner and I in my "before" shirt with room to spare!!! This is what a 168 lb weight loss looks like! I was just so big and trapped in my own body. the scary thing is if you combine both our weight, I was still 56 lbs heavier than our combined weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views