Recent Posts

bostonbabe369
on 3/14/13 7:25 am - Stoughton, MA
Topic: RE: Does Neighborhood Health cover the sleeve?

Congratulations! I am just starting the process. I hope when it's my time for approval things will move qickly.

bras1987
on 3/14/13 2:18 am

Just got approved , 5 days later! Yay..m

surgery in7 days! Yay yay

bostonbabe369
on 3/13/13 1:22 pm - Stoughton, MA
Topic: RE: Back in the game.....
John! Thanks for your input. I will do more research on both procedures. I have my first consultation in 2 weeks. I am sure the doctor will explain all procedures available in more detail. I heard the process can be long so I will have time to do more research and decide. Hopefully I can meet and talk with more people who have had these procedures.
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/13 7:52 am
Topic: *** Bra Spillage Solution!!!
Spring and Summer will be here before you know it... With the "perfect bra" you can wear the sexy tube and halter tops... No spillage + Full coverage = Sexxxy... Lets talk... [email protected]
John Corley
on 3/11/13 11:31 am - Quincy, MA
Back in 2009 when I thought I was going to have to lap band I walked out of the doctors office With the choice of having gastric bypass. I chose not to have the laptop and because the same reasons as you. And I changed my decision about having the gastric bypass because of all the issues with gastric bypass, like dumping syndrome, more invasive, more visits to the hospital, Or doctors office, I chose the sleeve because you heal quicker, don't have as much risks as the gastric bypass, and I know someone that had the sleeve, And I know people that've had the gastric bypass, both Surgeries have success stories yet they were more issues with people that I know that had the gastric bypass than the person I know that had the sleeve. And I've been doing a lot of research about both and the differences and the complications.

bostonbabe369
on 3/11/13 10:02 am - Stoughton, MA

Hi John!  I am curious why you decided to have the sleeve instead of the gastric bypass? My orthopedic surgeon recommended I get the lap band. I have been doing some research and I decided to look into getting gastric bypass instead. I did not like the complications of the lap band procedure ( monthly fills, slippage, erosion, etc.). I would appreciate your input. I have my first visit with my surgeon this month. Thanks!

M. Mara
on 3/11/13 1:32 am
Topic: RE: BMC healthnet, anyone?
On March 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM Pacific Time, bras1987 wrote:

Hey, i changed to NHP as bmc were asking 6months diets before approving. Nhp does not require that, but my surgeon officenis sending the request for the prior authorization monday. Hopefully they will aprove me! 

HI!!!

How about the process??? did you approved? I would like to know, maybe I will change to NHP, my concern is my BMI, I have 35 with Diabetes 2 and prehypertension..... Let me know!!! Good luck!

John Corley
on 3/10/13 7:57 pm - Quincy, MA
Topic: Back in the game.....
Was going to have my surgery in 2010 but I had other health issues To take care of first. I had to have a spinal cord stimulator implanted for the pain in My arm caused by RSD/CRPS.

Got back into the program At Boston Medical Center in 2012 and I am scheduled to have surgery on April 15, 2013. I changed my mind about having gastric bypass to having the sleeve gastrectamy.

Still have Dr. Hess because Hess is the best!!

I have lost a total of 44 pounds or so since I was on this forum last.

Now I am 226 pounds. I started off at 296 lbs back in 2009, I've lost 70 pounds total since I started the program.

I do feel that I do need the surgery still, it will help me prevent future health issues that could arise mostly hereditary. I came off of Metformin two months ago, and I hope to come off of the high blood pressure medicine Lisinopril.
I'll be back more often to keep everybody updated
John

bostonbabe369
on 3/7/13 5:17 am - Stoughton, MA
Topic: Just wanted to say hello!

I am new to this forum. I am about to start my journey to happiness. I will be having my first meeting with my surgeon this month. I am very nervous and scared. I just hope all goes well with my insurance. I would really like some advice from people who are also going through the process or have already had surgery.

bras1987
on 3/1/13 7:36 am
Yes, looks like they dont require the 6months diet as BMC requires!
If NHP approves me, my surgery will be on march 21, the whole process will take less than 2months!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views