Recent Posts

reikilady7
on 3/18/13 11:22 am - MA
Topic: RE: Nothing more than just hello

hi jacasjacas,  u are so right about support often we need it when we least suspect it. i wish you luck with your iinsurance company. where are your monthly group meetings'?  keep in touch.  reikilady

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 10:07 am
Topic: RE: 1 year down :)

Congrats on your weight loss. I wish you the best of luck from here on out.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 10:04 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Please do not judge people who are on Masshealth. Not everyone takes advantage of it. Most people on it need it. My family gets Neighborhood Health plan (which is a plan under masshealth) but it is not free to us, we have to pay for it. My husband's company does not offer insurance so we were able to apply for help and received it. So for all the people out there that are just like you and believe that because someone has masshealth they should be considered underclass. Shame on you.

Moral of the story......

Do not judge anyone by the insurance they carry...

P.S. I know people abuse it and give us (people who do need it) a bad rap. This goes for anything now adays. Only person to judge should be GOD.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:55 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

I have BCBS/medicare and I am going through Nicole Pecquex who performs all her surgeries out of St. Elizabeth's in Brighton.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:44 am
Topic: Newbie! HI!!!

Hello, I am currently awaiting my approval from my insurance. I am hoping that the turn around is quick. I have heard that it can take a few weeks to several months to get an approval. Boy that is a bummer. I dont want to have to wait that long.

Well hello to all and look forward to hearing from you all, and about your good and bad experiences with gastric bypass.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:26 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Surgery Couple- Instagram photos inside

You and your partner  look amazing! Your pics are wonderful. Keep up the great work.

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:24 am

Hello, I am new here as well. I am currently waiting for approval from my insurance. It is good to know we can go somewhere and talk to people about our concerns and also our good moments. My support groups are only once a month and sometimes you just need to talk to someone sooner.

Cindyagogo
on 3/18/13 12:02 am
RNY on 02/21/12

I had my bypass at the BI done by Dr. Jones. He was terrific...the whole program is.  We are fortunate to live in an area where there is such a concentration of excellent health care!! I have heard good things about Emerson.

Best wishes on your journey(s)!

Cindy

iwanttochangemylife
on 3/16/13 8:51 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Hello, I am new here too. I'm scheduled to have my gastric bypass with Dr. Lautz on April 8. I love Dr. Lautz! How was your experience at Emerson Hospital? I would appreciate any information you can provide me. Hope you are still feeling great! 

jugilber
on 3/16/13 6:32 am - MA
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Surgery Couple- Instagram photos inside

Wow you gals look amazing...my wife and i had RNY surgery 3 years ago...3 weeks apart and we are doing great.  she has adopted a vegan life style as well as clean eating...no preocessed food...and that has helped her trim another 15lbs off.  me...i struggle...have gained 10 lbs since my lowest weight...some muscle...but some not muscle.  I struggle daily to eat right.  At least I do exercise a fair amount and that i think is my saving grace.

keep up the good work girls!!!

keep inspiring

julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs