Recent Posts

spetrucci777
on 5/17/13 3:50 am - Whitinsville, MA
Topic: RE: Anyone in my area in MA? Webster or Oxford or Worcester

Hi, 

I live in Whitinsville/Uxbridge area.  I am hoping to get the bypass soon.  I have an appt to meet with a surgeon soon.  Hopefully we can chat sometime.

~Shannon

ARamos1969
on 5/11/13 9:14 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Can anyone help me please
Brianna,

Thank you very much in regards to my post. Currently I am treating with 4 different doctors. My surgeon has been very good and accommodating. I agree a second opinion is needed. I am going to see Chief of gastric bypass surgery Shikora for a second opinion. I just started the process but thank god the records are from the same place. I Have never smoked a day in my life, I use to drink I miss it but don' t need further issues. I have taken the name of your daughter and put it in my iPad . I will let you know what is said. THANK U tons.
Breexanna
on 5/5/13 4:22 am
Topic: RE: Can anyone help me please

Well the best advice I can give you is, if your in the MA area the go see Dr David Lautz he works out of MGH and Emerson hospital now. He is one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world and has been known to fix issues other surgeons aren't able to I'm not saying you don't have a good surgeon but sometimes you need a second opinion. Also and no judgment especially because they didn't't even know this until recently but are you smoking? They have found smoking after weight loss surgery can cause bleeding ulcers in your pouch. Anyway good luck I hope this gets straightened out for you.

jen P.
on 4/27/13 7:59 am - upton, MA
Topic: RE: Anyone in my area in MA? Webster or Oxford or Worcester

I  also live in Webster! I had my surgery back on 2009. Feel free to get in touch with me!

Jen

jugilber
on 4/25/13 11:03 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Just wanted to say hello!

my advice...appreciate the process...i wish i had kept a journal of my experience from start until now (3 years)...we change so much and it would have been awesome to have a log of how I changed and the process...take it all in...dont forget to do the head work that is needed to change...because if you dont change your head...the weight comes back.  

ARamos1969
on 4/25/13 6:22 am - MA
Topic: Can anyone help me please
Basically I had RYN bypass surgery 2010 . 3 months later I came down with ulcers in my pouch and have had ongoing complications until just recently diagnosed with Bacteria Overgrowth in my small intestine that is connected to my remanence stomach the rx they want me on cost $ 1000 which $ 280 will be my copay and it is only for 7 days. From what I understand this is uncommon and after the medication there Is no guarantee not to come back and I will need antibiotics intermittently for the rest of my life. Can anyone let me know if you know information regarding this ty
bostonbabe369
on 4/21/13 12:12 pm - Stoughton, MA
Topic: RE: New Here
Congratulations! I hear what you are saying about being ready. You are on your way.
MerColeman23
on 4/18/13 11:44 pm - NH
Topic: RE: New Here

Surgery confirmed!!!! and VERY Ready!!

MerColeman23
on 4/16/13 5:26 am - NH
Topic: New Here

Hi Everyone!!

I have my surgery scheduled for May 14th( as of right now could change lol) but I'm so anxious to get this done.,  I'm ready to start my life OVER again!!! I was heavier as a child but skinny all through high school.  My boyfriend died when I was 23 years old and I lost it. Started drinking, eating, you name it.  Then I got married and had a baby and that weight just compounded. I would yo-yo all the time. Lose 40 lbs gain it plus some but i'm almost 38 years old and Its time. I can't do this without help!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views