Recent Posts

Lynn C
on 9/10/10 6:00 am
Topic: RE: band out VSG in - the short version
thanks dear....looks like I'm stuck here till tomorrow. There will be a revolt if they don't let me go first thing in the am!! My daughter has already volunteered to hijack a wheelchair.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

DMEA10
on 9/10/10 5:50 am - Everett, MA
Topic: RE: new here
Good luck to you as you start this journey! Thanks for the encouragement.
katchikat
on 9/10/10 1:17 am - Methuen, MA
Topic: RE: new here
Hi Diana, I am also new here. I have my first appointment on the 22nd at Lowell General Hospital. I don't know which WLS I will do yet. I want to meet with the doctor before I make the decision.
Welcome and It is never late for a new beginning!!!!!! Take care
katchikat
on 9/10/10 1:07 am - Methuen, MA
Topic: RE: Support group at LGH
Thank you Pat! See you there!
Patricia F.
on 9/10/10 12:06 am
Topic: RE: Support group at LGH
Hi there!

The support groups are....
 The 2nd and 4th tuesday of every month at  6o'clock for pre-op and post-op
 The third tuesday is for post-op only ... also at 6

You can go to the lowell general website to get all of the dates and topics.

I try to make it to all of them.... hope to see you there!!

take good care, Pat
                      RNY 02/02/09 261lbs....... goal 148lbs.... wish me luck

Lynn C
on 9/9/10 11:09 pm
Topic: band out VSG in - the short version
I'll put together the long version once I'm home but here is the quicky. Went into surgery at almost exactly 8am on 9/7. Came to in recovery at 1pm. Apparently there were a number of adhesions removed and something about my liver being encapsulated that they had to fix (my doc left town so I haven't gotten to talk with him yet about it).

I was in a lot of pain right out of the OR but warm blankets and narcotics fixed that. Hubby was waiting for me in my room when I got there at about 3. I then realized I not only had the JP drain but an NG tube as well. YUCK!! Hated it. My pain was very well managed on day one (don't really remember a lot). Day 2 also pretty pain free although the NG tube started hurting like hell. My throat is sooooooo sore. Turns out I blew my IV during surgery and the second one on day three so I'm working on IV #3 now. Joy.

I feel so much better now that I'm off pain meds and I can't wait to get home. I'm on clear liquids (crystal light) and will prgress to protein shakes at noon. well I guess I should go for another walk......my IV pole squeeks like the devil up and down the hall. LOL

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Lynn C
on 9/9/10 10:57 pm
Topic: RE: Does anyone have news about Lynn yet?
I'm alive and well - waiting for these sadistic *******s to release me. I cant wait to get home. I was running a low grade fever that broke last night. One dr wants to keep me, one is trying to get rid of me, the last one has all the say. We'll see.

Lynn C ~

DMEA10
on 9/9/10 5:09 pm - Everett, MA
Topic: new here
I used to read here a while back. I originally was going to have gastric bypass at Faulkner Hospital with Dr. Munn. I had completed everything and got a call the day before my appointment with Dr. Munn's office that there was a tragedy in his family. In the end his family relocated. I waited a while and then made an appointment at the Brigham and when that appointment finaly came around I found out that Harvard Pilgrim no longer was referring to the Brigham! So, I ended up at BIDMC a few months back. I went to my final information session last night and I have an appointment with Dr. Jone's next Wednesday. I should get my date on that day! I have decided to go for the Lap Band instead of the Gastric. I just think the risk of complications are less with the band. I am hoping to have the surgery ASAP!!! My son is deploying to Iraq in the fall and I have a cousins wedding to attend, but nothing is going to stop me this time around! 

By the way my name is Diane. I am recently separated after 22 years of marriage. I have three kids. I am looking forward to a new beginning!!!!
Jojeki
on 9/9/10 11:11 am - Fall River, MA
Topic: RE: Massachusetts Walk From Obesity - Giveaway #1
Boobs and protein woo hoo
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost