Recent Posts

CATHERINE81
on 9/12/10 1:51 pm - BROCKTON, MA
Topic: RE: Jimmy Fund Walk
HEY LADIES I AM VERY PROUD OF ALL OF US AND IM SORRY THAT I DIDNT CATCH UPBUT I,M NOT GOING TO LIE I WAS STRUGGLING IM PROUD OF ALL U .. LOVE ALL  OF  YOU ALSO.. HOPE YOULL BE JOINING MY FATHER AND I ON THE 25TH FOR .OBESITY I BELIEVE BROOKE AND BETH ARE THE LEADERS
RedSox15
on 9/12/10 12:33 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Tick, Tock...Tick, Tock....Almost Time for Surgery
All your emotions are completely normal! My head was spinning before surgery.

Tuesday will be here before you know it and you are going to do just fabulous

Best of luck!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Sue M.
on 9/12/10 11:13 am - Nantucket, MA
Topic: RE: The cat is out and I am in!
thrilled to see the REAL you!  You look much more relaxed!  :)
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Jojeki
on 9/12/10 10:55 am - Fall River, MA
Topic: RE: new here
Welcome.  Feel free to ask anyone questions both here or on the main boards.  Everyone will throw their 2 cents in and you will get all views which can be very helpful.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Jojeki
on 9/12/10 10:48 am - Fall River, MA
Topic: Tick, Tock...Tick, Tock....Almost Time for Surgery
OMG this is really happening.  Tuesday morning is coming fast and furious.  Over the past few days I have been getting prepared with clothes, supplements, bathroom scale, food scale, small containers, medical card, hospital bag, documents, broth, jello, protein drinks, etc. 

Now if I could just wrap my head around what is about to happen.  All that other stuff is superficial compared to getting myself prepared mentally.  I mean, this is truly a lifestyle change and I have been analyzing it over and over again to make sure that I am making the right decision.  I know many say that they go through emotions "after" the surgery but I have run the gammut of emotions just in the last week. 

I wish there was a crystal ball that I could look into and see that it is the right decision and that everything will be ok and see the results of all that has led up to this point in time.  I think I am worrying that I am "choosing" to have this surgery and "choosing" to alter my body as opposed to having surgery to correct something terribly wrong such as an appendix that needs to come out, etc.  Since 7/4 and also since the pre-op liquid diet 9/1 I have lost 25.5 lbs but I can't do that for the rest of my life and I am second guessing my efforts.

What is your input?  Did you experience any of these feelings as you were within days / hours of surgery?
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

redheadedgirl
on 9/12/10 10:28 am
Topic: RE: Lap-Band or RNY?
I was planning on having the band at the onset. After careful consideration and discussion with the surgeon, I decided that RNY was a better choice for me. I have not regretted my decision. The thought of having to get filled was not appealing and I knew that I had to change my eating habits to get healthy and wasn't sure I had the will power required for the band. I'm just at a year and although I may lose a few more pounds, I'm thrilled with my weight loss and new wardrobe. It's a very personal decision, congratulations for taking the first steps and keep us all posted.
judex
on 9/12/10 8:26 am
Topic: RE: new here
 Sorry about you getting bounced around. I had Dr. Mun in '07 for my lap band. It didn't work for me and he was very hard to work with on top of it. And yes his daughter died and they relocated.

Lap band was removed in '/09 when I had my RNY
at MGH with Dr. Pratt. I am very happy with the result.

Remember, the biggest risk of any surgery is the anesthesia and you have to have it either way.

Best, Jude
Lynn C
on 9/12/10 1:10 am
You couldn't keep my away - you're all going to do great!! Heck over half way through already you might be the first across the finish line!! Rock it ladies!!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/10 10:45 am
Topic: Weight Discrimination among Females

Are you a female that has experienced weight-related discrimination?

If so, researchers in the Department of Psychology at Western New England
College are looking for you!

We are conducting a daily diary study on weight and weight-related
discrimination. We are looking for female participants willing to complete a 12
minute daily online survey for 7 days in a row. In order to participate, you must:
• be at least 18 years of age
• fill out a survey *everyday for 7 days in a row*
• have Internet access
• understand English

We hope you will consider taking part in our research study as your information
will be crucial for aiding our understanding of women's experiences with
weight-related discrimination.

Participants who successfully complete the 7 day survey will have a chance to win one
of five $50 Visa gift cards. Gift cards will be drawn at the conclusion of the study.

If you have any questions or are interested in participating in this 7 day study, please
contact Dr. Jason Seacat in the Psychology Department at [email protected]

*This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and all
information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!

RedSox15
on 9/11/10 9:11 am - MA

So glad to be part of the team!!  So happy to have made such great friends over the past few months !  SO EXCITED for the walk tomorrow (in a few hours actually -- OMG!)

HERE'S TO 26.2 MILES  

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs