Recent Posts

cappy11448
on 9/27/13 4:31 am
Topic: RE: Revision

Hi Nancy,

I started the process last January and  had the sleeve done in May.  I am down 134 pounds with another 70 to go.  It is the best thing I've ever done for myself.  After decades of fighting obesity, I now have a fighting chance. 

I encourage you to do it.  Its not easy, but its not terrible, and the rewards are so worth it. 

best of luck with your weight loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 11:43 am - MA
Topic: Options before WLS for an overwhelmed newbie

Hello all, newbie here...  I've read these boards so many times over the past few years, but I'm finally admitting I need to do something and I have nobody else to chat with.  I was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.  I am 5'3, 200 lbs, 32 years old.  I am hoping that this can be corrected/reversed with weight loss and diet.  We've been trying to conceive for the last 2 years with no success and the stress of it all has really contributed to my obsession with sugar and carbs...  I feel like I am spiraling out of control right now with my binge eating and I am starting to feel really defeated.

I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas or recommendations  on how to get started.  While I know that WLS is an option, I'm wondering if I could try a few other avenues first.  I'm south of Boston (South Shore/South Coast area)...  Are there any binge eating support groups, therapists, medically assisted weight loss docs in this area that you can recommend?  Or have you had success doing/taking something different?

Any and all ideas are welcome, thanks so much!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/13 7:13 am
Topic: RE: Network Health Forward and VSG?

They covered my gastric bypass

MAchick
on 9/12/13 2:33 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Topic: Network Health Forward and VSG?

I keep getting different answers from my insurance company. Has anyone had the VSG with Network Health Forward?

nwatson1965
on 9/11/13 11:45 pm
Topic: Revision

Hi!  My name is Nancy and I am 47 years old.  I had the lap band surgery in 2009.  Unfortunately, I only was able to lose about 30 pounds and have gained all of it back plus more.  I recently went to my surgeon and he has suggested have a revision.  So now I am going to have gastric bypass surgery.  I have gone through all of my tests and have been cleared to have the surgery.  Now just waiting to get approval from insurance.

Would love to hear from others who have had revision surgery and/or gastric bypass surgery.

Thanks

Nancy

Member Services
on 8/19/13 6:36 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Do you know.......

Do you know......our founder, Eric Klein, created ObesityHelp back in 1998 and we've been the source of information, support and education for bariatrics since that time.

Do you know.....that ObesityHelp organized and hosted the first ever National Conference for pre-ops, post-ops, and individuals considering weight loss surgery?

Please join us as we celebrate our history with the OH community of 65 events in 26 states since 2004, and our 2013 Event on October 4-5, 2013 in Anaheim, California!!

jdp910
on 8/14/13 12:52 am
Topic: RE: BCBS of Mass approval

Thanks Carol!

Congrats on your weight loss!!

I am having my surgery done at Newton-Wellesley. I saw my surgeon Monday of last week and she said that she'd like to do my surgery in September, but the woman at the desk said they would need approval from BCBS before scheduling it. I hadn't heard anything so I called BCBS yesterday and was told that no request had been submitted! I've been trying to get in touch with my surgeon's office so that they will submit the request.

Thanks again!!

cappy11448
on 8/13/13 11:03 pm
Topic: RE: BCBS of Mass approval

Hi,

My approval came in less than a week.  My surgeon's office scheduled the surgery two weeks after I completed the mandatory 3 month diet, and the were not in the least concerned that approval would arrive in time.

I'd suggest you give BCBS a call. They mailed the confirmation letter which came about 10 days after my surgery was done! (smile)  I also talked to the person in admissions who handles the insurance paperwork.

Best of luck.  What hospital are you working with?  I had my surgery at Lahey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

jdp910
on 8/12/13 1:28 pm
Topic: BCBS of Mass approval
Hi!

Just curious if any of you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mass, and if so, about how long did it take to get approval from them? My surgeon would like to do my surgery in September but I'm still waiting approval.....

Thanks!
AmberLee72
on 8/12/13 7:21 am
Topic: Grateful Post. Photos inside!

Now this is true love! She has always loved me and told me how beautiful I am, regardless of how big I was. I am so grateful to have someone who loves me so much. Thank God I have her by my side! I have lost 170 lbs in 2 years.

2009 vs 2013!

If you are looking to keep in touch with me please follow me on instagram! My name is peace_train! Also I have a personal weight loss group on facebook. If you would like to join please search for "Amber's WLS Group" in facebook. I would love to have you and get to know you!! kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views