Recent Posts

AwesomeForever
on 10/28/13 3:57 pm - Marlborough, MA
Topic: RE: Need THE BEST plastic surgeon!

I wish that I had the money to go to him. I am 66 so perhaps it is too late.

Linda

playgirl
on 10/9/13 4:37 pm, edited 10/9/13 4:40 pm - boston, MA
VSG on 11/19/13
Topic: RE: Mass Gen'l Weight Center

i think she was just saying that it wasn't fully ready to meet the needs of her bariatric patients yet.

glad to see other boston folks active on here and so close to my surgery date.  i hope all is going well for you.  my surgery is in 6 weeks  :)  are you in boston?  it would be nice to have a local friend for support.

bostonlass
on 10/8/13 11:00 pm - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

I don't know what she would have meant by getting the place up to code - it's Mass General which is a highly accredited hospital.  Maybe it was just a play on words. In any event, her personality isn't much but imho she's an excellent surgeon. I wasn't able to put her on my profile here at this board so I put Dr. Pratt. I have had zero complications with my sleeve (knock on wood).

playgirl
on 10/8/13 2:06 pm - boston, MA
VSG on 11/19/13

hi,

i just saw dr. gee monday (10/7/13), as she will be my surgeon as well.  my surgery is scheduled for nov 19.  how was your experience with her?  

when i met her, my initial first impression was positive, after getting over that they didn't have a large blood pressure cuff in the office.  i told her about the cuff issue and that it didn't give a very good impression of her commitment to bariatric patients.  she explained that she had just begun seeing patients in the wang building, and they were still getting the place up to code.  her openness to my criticism, and questions and her handling of them was a good sign to me. 

maribeth1090
on 10/7/13 7:04 am
Topic: RE: Recommendation for plastic surgeon or PS clinic in MA?
I was wondering how this worked for you, I'm looking into plastic surgery. Who did you contact at mass general? Any info would be extremely helpful
AmberLee72
on 10/7/13 2:38 am, edited 10/7/13 2:38 am
Topic: Need THE BEST plastic surgeon!

I am looking for so referrals to some great plastic surgeons in the Boston area. I think I am going to make an appt. with Dr. Christopher Davidson in Wellesley. I have heard he is amazing but NOT cheap lol. If I am paying the money, I might as well have the best I can. If I'm lucky I will be living a long life in this body. Anyone go to Dr. Davidson? Any other ideas or doctors would greatly be appreciated!

AmberLee72
on 10/7/13 2:34 am
Topic: Photo Inspiration! Before and After

Hey Everyone! I hope everyone is having a good Monday so far! My photography business has eaten up every last minute of my life and I have NEVER worked so hard or been so busy. Thank God I am 170lbs thinner. I don't think I could have kept up with everything before surgery. I thought I would share one of my instagram photos with everyone on OH. I was 311 lbs in the photo on the left and 141 lbs on the right. It has not been easy though. I have had to be super careful about what I eat lately. I could EASILY gain 10 lbs without even trying. The only way I can keep myself at my current weight is to go back to shakes for breakfast and lunch. It sucks but is well worth it.

I get a lot of messages on OH but don't always have the time to check them so if anyone is looking to contact me with questions and have Facebook please search for my group, "Amber's WLS Group". I tend to be able to get back to people quicker that way.  

maribeth1090
on 10/6/13 6:55 am
Topic: plastic surgery....please help!

Hello,

I am 3 years post op, its time to get all of my excess skin removed. I am looking into having the body contouring procedure done, however.... i am on medicare and medicade, i am obviously planning on paying for some of this in cash as i have saved up some money but i NEED to find a plastic surgeon that works with both of my insurances.  Any help would be extremely apprecieated as i have NO IDEA WHERE TO EVEN START.

thanks!

mb

cappy11448
on 10/5/13 9:31 pm
Topic: RE: Options before WLS for an overwhelmed newbie

Hi,

Many people who are obese find that they can lose weight, but its difficult to maintain the weight loss.  I can't count how many times I've lost 50 pounds only to put them back on at an amazing rate once I go off the diet.  The good thing about weight loss surgery is that people are more likely to keep the weight off. 

Statistics show that only 3 to 5 % of people who lose weight through diet and exercise are able to maintain the weight loss.  For WLS, it is closer to 66 % who can maintain the loss.  You might be one of the 3 to 5%. 

My hospital (and probably most) have Medical Weight Loss programs as well as WLS programs.  You might try that first. 

Best of luck with your weight loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

ARamos1969
on 9/27/13 1:00 pm - MA
Topic: RE: Revision
I wish I need it to.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost