Recent Posts

cpower100
on 10/4/14 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Bernard Bennedetto??

Yes, thank you.  I have been working with MGH in Boston all along with RNY scheduled for tomorrow.  Last week at final visit with surgeon one thing came up and he cancelled surgery pending more testing.  My GI dr who I like very much and have been seeing for a long time, has suggested that if things fall through with MGH that he would like me to see Dr.  Benedetto. When I read reviews they were very mixed and I am trying to figure out why.  DJ Jenna, you said you researched other programs too.  Which ones and why did you ultimately choose Salem?  Any additional feedback on your process would be great. Thank you!!

DJJenna
on 10/4/14 10:08 pm
Topic: RE: Dr Bernard Bennedetto??

I'm scheduled for VSG with Dr. B. on 10/15. I did research on multiple programs and procedures before choosing Salem Hospital. Before the seminar I read and heard mixed reviews about Dr. B. After meeting him at the seminar I knew he would be my surgeon. He is a straight forward guy and will tell you like it is. He will answer every question you have. Something else that is important to me, he has a sense of humor. I made me laugh a little and chuckled at my nervous jokes. With all that being said, I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Rivera. The program staff and everyone I saw during the pre op required appointments are fantastic. I believe you will be in good hands with either surgeon in this program. I know I am with Dr. B. I hope this helped! Good luck!

cpower100
on 10/4/14 5:43 pm
Topic: Dr Bernard Bennedetto??

Hi, I have been going to MGH weight center since first appointment but due to a recent issue it is possible that I may need to leave MGH and see Dr. Bennedetto at Salem Hospital.  This is not my first choice. I would like to continue on at MGH but not sure if it is going to be possible.  Has anyone had experience with Dr. Bennedetto?  Can you share experiences?

cpower100
on 10/4/14 5:39 pm
Topic: RE: New at MGH Weight Center

Hi.  So my original post was back in august after first meeting with dr butsch.  All of my appointments went great and I was scheduled for rny on October 6th.  On my final pre op visit with the surgeon (dr hutter) 5 days prior to surgery he cancelled bc he wanted more testing.  I am going back in to see him on Wednesday but I am Devestated!  I am afraid he is going to reject doing the surgery.  Is it possible that one surgeon could reject and another might accept you?  

Vod421
on 9/21/14 2:31 am
Topic: Neighborhood Health Plan?

Hello everyone! Has anyone had their VSG covered by NHP? I have MassHealth and I'm hoping to start a policy with Neighborhood in 2015. Just wondering what hoops you had to jump through for approval.

lily22
on 9/16/14 9:23 pm
Topic: Bypass at UMASS in Worcester

Hi has anyone had the bypass or is doing the steps for WLS at UMASS ???? I am just curious if they had to do special test or will the surgeon send you for the test once I see him/her ???? Want to know what to expect. Some people say no that I should have been sent for test by now but I would like to know from people who have done the classes and procedure at UMASS ????? Help please. Thanks.

KLNRDH
on 9/6/14 7:50 am
Topic: Support group in Danvers Mass

Hello all- just wanted to let people know that there is now a support group for WLS patients (pre surgical people are welcome also!) at Lahey in Danvers on the second Monday of every month from 6-7:30 pm. Unfortunately this coming Mondays meeting is cancelled, but the October meet should be on. There is only a handful people that attend this group regularly (myself included), so it would be nice to see some fresh faces and hear some different experiences. 

For those of you that live closer to Burlington, Lahey has the same time/day for their support group. I went to that one once; they have a lot of people at that one and it's not as structured (lots of talking simultaneously) but more veterans. I'd love to get some more vets coming to the Danvers group. 

If the meet is cancelled, I can post it here. They have only been holding the group in Danvers since May or June, so I hope we can get a great group going for Danvers!

Thanks- Kris

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

sparker781
on 8/17/14 10:49 pm - Malden, MA
Topic: RE: New at MGH Weight Center

Good luck to both of you.  I am post-op about a week with Dr Denise Gee, who was super nice and answered any questions I had.  I had my surgery on the 13th and was home the following day mainly cause I was up and walking everywhere I could.  Is there any question I can try an answer for you guys?  Feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help

Good Luck Again

Stu

sparker781
on 8/17/14 10:46 pm - Malden, MA
Topic: Gastric Sleeve

Good morning all.  I FINALLY went ahead and had the gastric sleeve at MGH.  My surgeon was Dr Denise Gee.  I cannot tell you how happy I was to have it overwith.  I've lost 90 pounds pre-op and had the surgery Wednesday of last week.  I was up and about the next day and they couldn't keep me down.  I am home and have a few questions for anyone thats had WLS....First off....The incisions on my stomach, out of the five lapriscopic incisions they did only one really hurts, Is this normal?  Secondly, will the nausea ever go away?  I mean I can take meds but I have so much gas when I turn on my side I get a gas pocket that wont go away until I turn back over and pass gas.

I hope someone can answer these questions.

Thanks

Grim_Traveller
on 8/7/14 12:18 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
Topic: RE: Anyone have experience with Harvard Pilgrim PPO

I had Harvard Pilgrim PPO, state employee plan. I had no problems, approval was very quick.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views