Recent Posts

beachbum75
on 1/1/15 8:47 am
VSG on 01/14/15
Topic: RE: Neighborhood Health Plan?

Hi!  I also have NHP MA Health.  I started the process in April of 2014.  I was approved immediately once I completed all of the pre-rec's.  (Mental Health Eval, Dietician).  I only had a BMI of 36, but because of my Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension and GERD I was approved without issue.  It does take 3-6 months to do all appointments, so don't expect it to be really fast.  They won't petition your insurance for surgery approval until you've had your final appointment and lost the pre-op weight requirement.  Good luck, I've loved NHP and I've had them for a few years.

AlyG
on 12/30/14 5:23 am
Topic: RE: Masshealth and plastic surg..

I'm wondering the same thing. I have MassHealth and I'm not sure if I should even bother trying.

Topic: RE: Seeking revision of VSG and need surgeon referrals in Boston area

Thanks so much -- I'll look into this!

Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

thinmint1
on 12/9/14 4:04 am - East Walpole, MA
Topic: RE: Seeking revision of VSG and need surgeon referrals in Boston area
Hi Lucy..try Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham Womens in Boston or at Faulkner..She is wonderful!

Thin Mint

Topic: Seeking revision of VSG and need surgeon referrals in Boston area

I was very happy with my original surgeon, but I really don't know where she stands w/r/t revisions. Thought it might be wise to visit 2-3 other surgeons. Many thanks!

Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

illykatrina
on 11/21/14 12:45 am, edited 11/21/14 12:46 am - Haverhill, MA
Topic: frustrated

does anyone know  what i could drink like protein shakes  that help you loose weight and make you  feel full  i need help i  binge eating 

KLNRDH
on 11/5/14 9:31 pm
Topic: Pre/post support group at Lahey Danvers- all are welcome! :)

For anyone in the Mass/NH area, there is a support group that meets on the second Monday every month from 6-7:30 pm at Lahey hospital in Danvers Mass, right off of Rtes 1 and 95. It is a small group at this point, but it's been very helpful. Everyone pre and post surgery is welcome; no sign up needed-just show up for however long you want. Next one is this coming Monday 11/10. :)

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

Mary Gee
on 11/2/14 5:27 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Topic: RE: Bypass at UMASS in Worcester

Sorry you didn't get any responses Lily - this board is pretty much inactive.  I generally use the General Discussion forum, or the VSG forum.

What stage are you at?  Are you having bypass or sleeve surgery?

I attended the November 2013 orientation meeting, and had VSG in May 2014.  Have you gone to orientation yet, or met with the WC's doctor (not surgeon)?  

Don't know what you mean by "special test".......

Here's what I had to do:

Orientation, meeting with medical doctor to review options (ie surgery or diet), four informational meetings, consult with nutritionist, psych eval, sleep apnea testing.  Was supposed to meet with exercise consultant but that "slipped through the cracks".  I had to have cardio clearance because of heart problems.  Also had to provide insurer with documentation re six month weight loss program.  Then meeting with surgeon.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Eggface
on 10/27/14 1:24 pm, edited 10/27/14 1:24 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
Topic: YWM Local Event FREE

Boston and surrounding areas: The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is hosting a FREE Your Weight Matters LOCAL Educational Event November 2, 2014 as part of Obesity Week being held in your city.

www.YWMLocal.com for more info.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

kaye14chery
on 10/6/14 12:28 am - MA
Topic: RE: Masshealth and plastic surg..

Has anyone have recent luck with MH this year

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views