Recent Posts

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:36 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Support Group

Definitely interested.  Would you also be interested in going walking?  Maybe Castle Island or the Charles River.

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:34 am
Topic: RE: Where are you MA?

I've not had revision, but would love to get together with others who've had WLS and exercise.  I live in Quincy, if anyone is interested.

Greerdans
on 8/14/15 6:20 am
RNY on 08/17/15

No, it didn't take long at all.  When I finished the 3 months, my surgery was approved in a week.  I'm a bit nervous now as it's getting closer. 

Lisa09
on 8/13/15 6:34 pm - NH

I haven't had surgery yet. I'm in the 3 months of lap band 'clinic' and will meet the surgeon on 8/27. Did it take long for you to go through the process?  Best of luck w your surgery. How exciting!

Greerdans
on 8/13/15 5:58 pm
RNY on 08/17/15

Lisa I'm having RNY 8/17 at Lowell General.  I am also a revision from a band.  Had it for about 10 years and really looking forward to getting it out. Originally I wanted the sleeve, but with diabetes and high blood pressure, RYN was highly recommended. Have you had your surgery yet? 

Queen JB
on 8/2/15 4:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes, band removal, plus RNY, and they found a surprise hernia to repair.

I am literally amazed at how little pain I have experienced--especially in comparison to when I had the band placed. The first few days were rough, no doubt. It kind of felt like I had done a million sit ups and my abs were wrecked! Hard to get in and out of chairs and I could only sleep on my back for about a week, because it hurt too much to lay on my sides. The incisions hurt a bit, and lord knows I was exhausted for a week! ...but it was really no big deal. I was 100% off all pain meds after one week, and no napping after being home for a few days. I'm taking 2 more weeks off from work because I am really focusing on getting the nutrition habits down before I start a crazy regime back to work,  it physically, I feel well enough to be back, already. 

I live in Acton, MA, but I consult for several school districts in the state, so I travel around a lot. I spend most of my time on the North Shore, so Salem isn't far from where I log lots of work hours :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa09
on 8/1/15 3:32 pm - NH

So glad to hear you're doing so well 10 days out. How's the pain? They did the band removal and the bypass on the same day, right? I'm just over the border in Salem, NH.  Where are you?

Queen JB
on 7/30/15 5:21 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on going for your revision. I am 10 days out and already a THOUSAND times happier than I was with the band! I can swallow without pain! I have no desire to vomit everyone something passes my lips!

I had my original surgery at Tufts with Dr Julie Kim. She now splits her practice between Tufts and Mount Auburn, so I had my revision done there. She is fantastic--couldn't recommend her more. And Mount Auburn was great too.

I have a close friend who had a Bypass done at Lowell about 5 years ago. She was very happy there, too.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa09
on 7/30/15 5:01 pm - NH

Hi. I'm hoping for a band to bypass revision and am in the program at Lowell General. How did your surgery go?  Where did you have it done?

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/27/15 9:44 pm
VSG on 02/08/16
Topic: UMASS Group

I have been cleared to start my classes at UMASS, a requirement before surgery and I am 33 pounds from my pre-surgery goal.

I did all of this through Fallon Clinic years ago and the classes were free.  UMASS charges a pretty substantial amount for their classes has anyone done the classes?  Do you know why they charge when other places don't? If you have gone through the group classes do you feel like you got what you paid for?

Either way obviously, being this close I am going to do the classes, I am just asking out of curiosity.  And of course I really do hope that the classes are worth the money. :)

Anyone here getting ready to start classes?? I should be in classes in probably 2 weeks or so. :)

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views