Looking for good Protien Drinks

SHELBSTER
on 5/4/06 11:57 am - Boston, MA
Hi, I am about to start my liquid diet 2 weeks pre-op and am beginnig to think about post-op protien drinks. I was wondering what drinks people have used that they like. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Doug George
on 5/6/06 5:18 am - North Providence, RI
Hi Amy I use 100% Whey Gold Standard, it has 24g of protein. I buy the vanilla flavor. Then I buy 3 or 4 different flavored sugar free pudding and add a little it to the Whey. Have a good day Doug G.
SHELBSTER
on 5/6/06 7:02 am - Boston, MA
Thanks for the info Doug, where to you buy it. Does it have a taste? Do you any special pudding or do you just eat the jello sugar free? Amy
Doug George
on 5/6/06 7:55 am - North Providence, RI
Amy This is the website. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html I also like the Whey protein tropical punch and cookies n' cream. I use any sugar free pudding ,I like the pistachio, butterscocth and try others. You have to experiment on the amount you use to get the right taste. Let me know how you make out. Doug G.
frueta
on 5/6/06 9:23 am
I like the Isopure drinks. Alpine Punch is my favorite, it is 20 oz and has 40 grams of protein. You can find it at GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe.
Patty brown
on 5/7/06 10:05 am - barnstable, MA
so far I am using the Carnation Instant Breakfast, I make a shake in the morning. I add half a banana to any of the sugar free flavor they have , sometimes when I am really restricted I add a spoonful of peanut butter ( not my favorite but it is okay). Hope this will helps .
Amanda.F
on 5/8/06 9:07 pm - Bradford, MA
Ive been drinking Unjury (3 flavor & unflavored!). www.unjury.com My Weight Mgmt. Team suggested it & I liked it pre & post op.
SteffieBear15
on 5/9/06 10:20 am - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Amy... If you are creative you can make some pretty delicious drinks. Here are a few of my favorites Achiev one latte's are very good (can get on bariatriceating.com Also whey Gourmet cappuccino flavor put into the blender with 2 handfulls of ice cubes, 8 oc carb countdown fat free milk, and davinci butterscotch sugar free flavored syrup...awesome... kinda like a coffee coolatta also whey gourmet raspberry smoothie flaovr protein power with the same ice/milk combo, and half of a banana...yummy... just like a smoothie. If you blend any protein powder with ice and milk they are like a nic ecreamy milkshake.
alsgal
on 5/11/06 11:06 pm - Charleston, SC
Hey Amy, I am a former MA girl, now living in Charleston, and I am at my four-week mark today- solid food YAY! As for protein, I get the Isopure carb-free vanilla at Vitamin Shoppe (do they have those up there? I forget). It cost me about $42.00 and one scoop has 50 grams of protein. Now the body can really only absorb about 30 grams of protein at a time, so when I have my protein shake, I also take a papaya enzyme tablet that aids the body in absorbing more nutrients than it usually can. I get the vanilla, because I can alter it easily with flavored yogurt, diced fresh and frozen fruit, or even toss in a packet of the Carnation Instant Breakfast Carb watchers no sugar added chocolate mix. You can also get sugar-free chocolate syrup to add to it instead. I have even added an individual packet of the raspberry ice or strawberry-lemonade crystal light packets. The strawberry lemonade one made it taste like strawberry sherbert. Good luck! Christine
jsun777
on 5/12/06 2:55 pm - Cumberland, RI
I am just about to start my stage 3 diet (my program is laid out in 5 stages) and I was told to keep it simple until stage 4. So I opted to go with MET-RX Metromyosyn Meal replacement to pack as much protein in meal as I could. It's got 37grams of protien. One serving is = 2 meals based on 8 oz per meal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views