Turnaround with MGH Weight Center?

Michelle00000032
on 5/1/06 4:16 am - Somerville, MA
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone who has gone through MGH weight Center can give me a bit of a timeline. I saw my PCP on March 20th. She sent the referral letter right over to MGH, I then got my appt to meet with the Physician, Dr Nadai, the Dietician and the Psycologist for April 26th, They all told me that they were going to recommend that I have the surgery. Here is my question. When they set up the April 26th appt they also set up a May 26th appt, (4 weeks later). What happens at this appt? how long do I wait to get a surgery date? When do they send all the information to the insurance company. If the Insurance Comapany approves it, how long to I wait for a surgery date? I know you cant tell me exactly but if you could tell me what happened with you, it would help me relax LOL. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Partners Plus. Thank you, Michelle
chinamomma
on 5/2/06 12:17 am - Norton, MA
Michelle - I had my surgery in January and can tell you my experience. I had my original appts in September (21st), met with Dr. Nadai a month later. At that point I got to schedule with Dr. Pratt and at the same time they scheduled the surgery date. My appt with Pratt was mid-November and the surgery was the first week in January. I also have partners plus - they don't send out for insurance approval until a couple weeks before the surgery (guess they know which insurances take time and which don't ) Insurance approval was no problem. I'm now down 78 pounds in 16 weeks and am thrilled! They are great at the weight center. I think the amount of time you wait will also depend on what surgeon you choose - some have longer waits than others. Good luck! Eileen
pinksnowflake
on 5/5/06 9:16 am - MA
Hi, Michelle. l'm pre-op w/ MGH too and just got my surgery date today. lsn't the waiting awful! Here's my timeline. lnitial visit w/ Nadai, Psychologist and Dietician was 3/22; 4 week follow-up w/Nadai on 4/24; Mtg w/surgeon scheduled for 6/5; Surgery date scheduled for 8/17. Apparently, after the mtg w/surgeon l will have 7 more appts before surgery...to be scheduled. Two w/Nada....Two w/Psych...One Nutrton Group...One more w/ surgeon and one more l'm forgetng right now. At least l'll be able to pass that long wait to surgery. Best of Luck to you...hope to see you at a mtg somewhere down the road.
Michelle00000032
on 5/6/06 11:54 pm - Somerville, MA
Congratulations on your date and thank you for your information. I am actually going to a meeting tomorrow night at MGH at 5:30. I am hoping that I will get a lot more information there. Everytime I think I know so much I learn something new. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views