New to Group

almcafee
on 4/23/06 7:12 am - Leominster, MA
Hi. I am from Central MA and making the drives into BIDMC for all of my apts. I am so psyched as my first apt. wasn't scheduled untill May 9th but after having gone to my first meeting I called to see if they had a cancelation list. I was informed that they do but that the chances of being moved up were highly unlikely. Well they called me that afternoon to tell me that they just had a cancelation and could I be in on the 24th!! I am so excited first apt. will be taken care of and I have already done my first info. session. All I can say is that this must be meant to be. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to help things progress faster please let me know. Thank you.
s22hgus
on 4/24/06 3:42 am - East Providence, ri
Hi April I had my surgery March 27 at BIDMC. My first appt was feb 13. They move pretty quick there. Let me know if you have any specific questions.drop me an email... jc
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/06 9:02 pm - somewhere, MA
April, I am coming up on my 1 Yr anniversary at BIDMC. I have nothing but good things to say about their program. Very efficient and quick. I had no problems with my insurance at all. It was about 3 months from my first "Hello, I am interested" call to the surgery date. Hope all goes well with your journey. Jim
Dave_K
on 4/25/06 4:10 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi April! We're in North Central MA as well. Thanks for introducing yourself and I wish you success on your jouney! Overall, it seems like the patients who get their surgery quickest are the ones who schedule their appointments and meetings as soon as possible and follow the doctor's intructions perfectly. Some people get their surgery delayed for not losing enough weight, not changing their habits, or missing appointments without rescheduling. You sound pretty motivated so I doubt you'll have any unneccessary delays! Once again, good luck and welcome to the Mass. Message Board (It's been a bit quiet lately so don't be afraid to stir things up with posts!!!. Dave K 318/175/185 (10 pounds UNDER goal)
almcafee
on 4/25/06 7:42 am - Leominster, MA
HI All, Thanks for the suggestions and replies. I went in to BIDMC yesterday and had my first apt.. I called today to schedule my battery of tests and the nutritionist apt. I will get that out of the way on the 15th of May. The only wall I seem to be running into is that the Psycologist is booked thru June. They are going to put me on a waiting list agian. I hope that this will be as quick as my first apt. went. I am hoping to have the surgery done the last week of June so that I don't have to finnagle the kids school with trying to heal. Congrats to you members who have lost so much weight you all look wonderful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views