WALK from Obesity - Sept 30, 2006

chewieshoe
on 4/16/06 5:18 am - plainville, MA
Hi Everyone! I am organizing the 2006 ASBS Walk from Obesity for Boston this year and am being sponsered by Dr. Daniel B Jones. It will be held in the Longwood Medical Area - site still to be determined, at this time we will have a nice 1k and 3k walked maped out. This walk is to raise awareness see mission statement below with more information to follow. Boston WALK from Obesity Mission - Obesity is a global problem, medically, socially and economically our mission is to assist the people in the Boston area by - Research Increasing the research capabilities to find new and effective treatments for obesity. Awareness Increasing the public's awareness concerning obesity's devastating outcomes and the unyielding acceptance of its associated discrimination. Education Increasing the public's education of how to assist themselves and loved ones affected by the disease and increasing the health care professionals understanding of current treatments and positive outcomes. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering, sponsering or whatever it should be a wonderful day. The offical web site that is in the works right now and evntually will allow you to sponser a walker make a pledge and get event information. http://www.walkfromobesity.com/ My best Katrina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views